1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sandfourman

sandfourman Active Member

just realized i posted this question in the artisanal shoe thread lol but i was wondering if anyone know's how avant toi sizing works? looking to get an xl in their jumpers going for a baggy look and dont want it to be to fitted.

2. phobicz

phobicz Member

I've been in Melbourne the past few days for work and I got some time today to go shopping. Ended up going to:
    Republic Boutique
    Dot COMME
    Assin
    Harrolds
    Eastern Market

Were there any places with artisanal stuff?

They all had pretty low levels of stock and weren't really worth going to except for EM. I spent prob 1.5 hrs just trying clothes on while they were shooting photos of new guidi stuff that just came in. The Elena Dawson stuff was really cool and tempting but I ended up getting the wool linen (glenplaid i think?) PH blazer and the matching pants. But yea overall the Eastern Market team was really friendly and accommodating and def worth visiting.

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Out of that list I'd say EM and dotCOMME are the only ones worth it

Check out the consignment shop Bruce on Gertrude st. in Fitzroy, they get random things in and sometimes have Harnden, Elena, CCP etc (basically locally used things from EM) https://www.instagram.com/shopbruce/

Theres also a couple other store along Gertrude st that have things like Engineered Garments if you're into that

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I should probably try these on before buying a pair, but any sizing advice on PH belted pants/jeans? Any difference between mens/womens? Are they pretty much free-size if the waist fits or should I exercise caution when getting a womens pair?

5. m1kko

m1kko Well-Known Member

Waist will be generous to size but the crotch might be too tight to move, depending how down in size you go.

6. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

Has anyone posted a leather washing/shrinking guide here before?

Thinking about throwing a Rick jacket into the washers.

7. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

So, last Saturday I visited a presentation of new fragrance by BBS at 3,14 (Moscow). It was by invitation only, so the crowd was pretty cool. 90% of the people were dressed in BBS from head to toe and that looked a bit comical, but pretty rad nonetheless. The man was there too, obviously. I was lucky enough to talk to him. He appeared to be very modest, warm and down to earth guy. They showed a short art film dedicated to this event and a live band was providing a soundtrack.

Apart from the fragrance Boris presented jackets made of yellow transparent leather. The jackets are in fact an art object as they're practically unwearable due to their extreme stiffness. I could not take pictures of the jackets there (the security would not let me and I wasn't really in a gunfight mood) but I found them online afterwards, so I here they are – for those, who might be interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I want this Deepti thing (seems awesome for travel, though maybe not through security) but the price is stupid:

www.darklandsberlin.com Cordovan leather
    Price: 1453 €
    Outside E.U.: 1221 €

[​IMG]

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

inspiration = urine bag holder

1 person likes this.
  10. LA Guy

I was thinking more like - bike holster, but yeah, sure, draw from experience!

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

lol no experience here, just thought crash is about handicapped car crash victims and maybe thats what that holster thing had to do with.

12. LA Guy

I'm guessing motorcycles...

13. m1kko

m1kko Well-Known Member

Holster is from first collection, not crash.

14. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Long time no post. I've broken the no-kop and gone on a Carpe/L'maltieri binge. Once I get a few more pieces then I'm done. The game's over.

If any of y'all have any Carpe footwear in 44/45; pants, shirts, and jackets/coats in Size 2/3 then I'm interested.

Short coat in wool

[​IMG]

Cotton and ramie rider

[​IMG]

Heavy linen shirt jacket

[​IMG]

Short jacket in cotton

[​IMG]

Ankle length Cropped pants

[​IMG]

Linea slim wool pants

[​IMG]

Reverse leather derbies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    7 people like this.
  15. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

ffff so you're the one who got those wool pants

1 person likes this.
  16. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

I was buying the cotton ones too, but as I was completing the paypal payment someone else got them. Would that someone be you?

This is endgame wardrobe stuff for me now. CDiem family and old school Devoa only.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. CT0017

CT0017 Active Member

18. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

nah that was someone else, but I was eyeing them too.

that's my endgame too. would like more old devoa stuff but it's hard to differentiate particular seasons/models/etc

19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Looks like stores are starting to get second round L-0 deliveries -- if anyone comes across a pair of 5-p pants in DENIM size 48 I would appreciate the information!!