Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

How come? In my hometown in Spain the average low in winter is below 0º degrees celsius, which is colder than London. Even the average low in winter in Madrid is no higher than in London.

Maybe you haven't spent a winter in Spain or just in the south, but it's a common misconception. My colleagues in London won't believe me when I say winters are colder in my hometown, with frequent snowfalls. They go to Madrid or Barcelona or Majorca in summer when it's like 35ºC and they think it's the same all the year. But it's not like Spain is in the tropics. :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Tried on a IS coat today in like a textured ramie (iirc), wool lining was removable and could be worn separately, was really nice. Never paid attention to the brand before, guess I'll have to make a few new rakuten bookmarks.

Harnden has really lost it with his pricing.. knit jerkin 2800aud, waxed jerkin 3400aud, insane. Totally not worth it.. The sad thing is it still sells at retail like hotcakes.

New PR Patterson is quite nice as well, continuing with the thick black canvas, hand made brass buttons, mixture of raw/finished seams, feels very carpe diem overall. He seems to like slim arms and narrow shoulders with a roomy body, sounds odd but works in person. I'll take pics when I'm not lazy

in other news picked up my first Taichi! Dark grey ramie "zipper trouser" fit like a slim-fit dream

3. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Very interested in PR Patterson. Post away, bud.

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Just sent you some quick iphone ones, gonna wait until its not dark to post better ones :)

5. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Thanks, they look incredible. I'm going to have to get one of his jackets. Gotta find a stockist who ships out, and I also need to start saving!

6. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Fuck it got the coat -- probably more of a size 4, but sounds interesting.

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Lots of PR Patterson pictures below. It's probably safe to say he's my favorite designer right now. I'm glad a store here carries his stuff, Its been hard to find in the past but I think DSM picked it up this year (might be womens only). I was wrong when saying brass buttons on my last post, he actually uses bronze.

Unlined jacket from SS15. I'm still trying to figure out how he did the collar. The main body is made up of 2 fabric panels that cross at the top to form the collars. Hidden placket, horn buttons. Waxed heavy canvas. Chunks cut out to allow the fabric to move in places. He puts a little bronze bell in the pockets that jingle when you move, most people take them out (I reckon) but I like it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matching pants. Single inseam seam- not outseam. Patch pockets, same areas with chunks cut out. Super drop crotched and slightly cropped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pants from SS14, heavy black canvas. This one is starting to fade really nicely. Again, only an inseam, no outseam. Crotch gussets added for movement. 3-D pockets, flare when worn a la CCP, looks really cool. He seems to change his tag every year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I havent seen his shoes in person yet but they look promising. He worked on m_moria for a bit so he at least knows what he's doing! He make a model with a bronze toe cap, iirc
    [​IMG]

8. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

@MickeyPunch Perhaps, but here in Canada I don't tend to put on winter coats until it's at least -10 outside, so there's also that.

9. dji0

dji0 Senior member

how are Incarnation prices in Japan?

10. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

thanks for sharing the pr patterson pieces. i've been super curious about his stuff for a bit.

11. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

fits with PR Patterson soon plz!

12. SirMeowly

SirMeowly Senior member

^ seconded! That collar on the shirt is crazy cool.

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

russell wilson needs to step up his game. he's underperformed three games straight >:{

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Same as overseas, made in Italy so it's imported prices - no domestic discount

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Shots fired