1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arthur Chapnik menswear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mack11211, Jan 6, 2005.

1. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Last week I picked up an Arthur Chapnik blazer in a nice brown and black weave. It was second hand but in great shape and seemed to fit. Made in Italy, etc. Then I discovered it was short size, and looked it, alas.

I've googled the guy and searched him on ebay. All I find is some womenswear sold at Neiman-Marcus. Does anyone know anything more, for ex., where the men's stuff is sold?

2. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

I haven't heard that name in ages.

There were some shady dealings years ago. they used to have a loft around 5th and 20th Street or Broadway. Used to be Also known as Arthur richards.

they used to have a small factory or gave the work to one of the local factories. Moderate price #2 0r #4 make jacket.

Carl

3. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

The jacket is relatively contemporary, with a three button closure, narrow lapel starting above the third button.

What is a "#2 or #4 make jacket"? Please explain.

4. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

There used to be a numbering system based on the number of man hours it took to make a jacket in a factory.

A #6 garment had the most hand work.
    A #4 had less hand work
    A #2 still had a canvas front but was mostly made by machine.
    An x make was a fused garment.

Carl