• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
NEW YORK — Some artists got naked on Wall Street during a performance art piece — and then they got arrested.

The two men and a woman were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct Monday morning outside the New York Stock Exchange.

Artist Zefrey Throwell organized the 5-minute piece, which he said was a social critique of Wall Street and involved dozens of volunteers acting out the motions of people at work. He said it was a rehearsed performance "with the very specific aim of public education."

"The arrests happened at the end of the performance after everyone had already put on their clothes on, oddly enough," he said.

Throwell, a 35-year-old from Manhattan, said he had not intended to provoke any confrontation with the police.

"I have much bigger fish to fry, that being the financial institutions of the U.S. and the world," he said.

Among those arrested was Eric Clinton Anderson, a 32-year-old painter and performance artist from Brooklyn who holds down a day job as a personal trainer. But on Monday, he was playing a janitor, armed with a broom and dustpan, outside the stock exchange's heavily guarded front door.

"Somebody needs to clean up Wall Street," he joked.

As part of the performance, Anderson said, he took off his clothes "in the most natural way that you can when you're sweeping."

Anderson said he was nude for a moment when a police officer told him to put his clothes back on, which he did without protest. Then, he said, more officers approached and sat him down on a bench with a couple of other actors.

"They were like, 'What were you thinking? What is going on here?'" Anderson said. "They were confused."

He said he was surprised when he was led away to a police station.

"I thought they'd just yell at us and call us weird," he said.

Throwell said he witnessed the arrests. He said the encounter was calm but the timing was strange because the arrested people had already complied with police orders and had put their clothes back on.

Arrested along with Anderson were a Brooklyn man and a Queens woman, said police, who claimed they were creating a public disturbance. Anderson said he was given a court date this fall.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I thought the art market was less ethical than the stock market.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
The naked chess playing woman from that famous photo of Duchamp is having a conversation tonight at the Hammer Museum about the 60s art scene in Los Angeles. Fascinating era, but from her bibliography it sounds like she has just been making a living off of her scene association, similar to those silly Warhol people who keep releasing books and taking credit for all of his work.
The conversation is between her and a woman who wrote the "most comprehensive biography of Georgia O Keefe." :(
Should I go?

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
anyone know of a good image archive for artworks apart from an unorganised google image search?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

The naked chess playing woman from that famous photo of Duchamp is having a conversation tonight at the Hammer Museum about the 60s art scene in Los Angeles. Fascinating era, but from her bibliography it sounds like she has just been making a living off of her scene association, similar to those silly Warhol people who keep releasing books and taking credit for all of his work.
The conversation is between her and a woman who wrote the "most comprehensive biography of Georgia O Keefe." :(
Should I go?

Did you go?

I can't imagine anything more fascinating than a conversation between two people capitalizing on the reflected glory of a famous artist.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

anyone know of a good image archive for artworks apart from an unorganised google image search?

Museum web sites. Think there is also a site called virtual gallery, but cant speak to the quality or range of images.

Did you go?

I can't imagine anything more fascinating than a conversation between two people capitalizing on the reflected glory of a famous artist.

Nah. Decided to go home and eat chicken and tomatoes instead. Remembered that even when the Hammer conversations are between really interesting people they are nauseatingly boring.

Last edited:

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People have asked me to take them to those shows "since I go to museums a lot".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads