• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
it's been done

sculpture_catellan_pope03_lanonaora.jpg

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I have a bunch of ideas for terrible art that I'd like to make sometime. The kind of **** that people might even be dumb enough to take seriously. I just haven't developed the discipline to maintain the persona of the serious artist. I should probably get a tatoo of a barcode on my neck or something to get that career path going.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I have a bunch of ideas for terrible art that I'd like to make sometime. The kind of **** that people might even be dumb enough to take seriously. I just haven't developed the discipline to maintain the persona of the serious artist. I should probably get a tatoo of a barcode on my neck or something to get that career path going.

did you mean to post this in the disturbed thread?

artoftime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero

If only 2 million hipsters in and around NYC had your poise. Bravo

legorogel

Reaction score
those plastic sockets really pusht it to a new level. I feel the contrast between the old sour times, and the modern days light, binded by earths limited ressources...

Really considerin puttin some piles of colorful sand into my appartment, completly avantgarde.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by legorogel
those plastic sockets really pusht it to a new level. I feel the contrast between the old sour times, and the modern days light, binded by earths limited ressources...

Really considerin puttin some piles of colorful sand into my appartment, completly avantgarde.

is this an excerpt from that dissertation on the value of gold? how's that coming along anyways?

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Are the human figures examining these things part of the display or just real people that got in the way of the photo?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Are the human figures examining these things part of the display or just real people that got in the way of the photo?
better fwiw, i don't like the work, but you guys are so tired and uncreative that is isn't difficult to see why you have trouble with contemporary art. at least stephenhero is trying, it's just that he's trying a little too hard. to put it into terms appropriate to the thread, StephenHero is like the Banksy of making fun of art whereas you Red are maybe a painting of a wave at a crafts fair. the guy with the James Dean avatar is a stray ornamental column in a half finished mcmansion in Valencia.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
better

fwiw, i don't like the work, but you guys are so tired and uncreative that is isn't difficult to see why you have trouble with contemporary art. at least stephenhero is trying, it's just that he's trying a little too hard.

to put it into terms appropriate to the thread, StephenHero is like the Banksy of making fun of art whereas you Red are maybe a painting of a wave at a crafts fair. the guy with the James Dean avatar is a stray ornamental column in a half finished mcmansion in Valencia.

I always thought of myself as the collie dog with the green visor on playing poker with those cheating bulldogs and that clueless great dane.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
better

fwiw, i don't like the work, but you guys are so tired and uncreative that is isn't difficult to see why you have trouble with contemporary art. at least stephenhero is trying, it's just that he's trying a little too hard.

to put it into terms appropriate to the thread, StephenHero is like the Banksy of making fun of art whereas you Red are maybe a painting of a wave at a crafts fair. the guy with the James Dean avatar is a stray ornamental column in a half finished mcmansion in Valencia.

I find the fact that you take it personally funnier than anything else posted in this thread.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
I always thought of myself as the collie dog with the green visor on playing poker with those cheating bulldogs and that clueless great dane.
lol. you know those little sensors that are used to capture actor motion for CGI movies? i always wanted to attach those to players in a poker tournament and animate them as dogs for television.
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I find the fact that you take it personally funnier than anything else posted in this thread.
i don't take your or anyone elses lack of taste personally at all. you're projecting that on me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads