art school confidential & notorious betty page

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by matadorpoeta, May 9, 2006.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

go see art school confidential. you'll like it. 2 thumbs up.

the notorious betty page isn't what it should have been and has the feel of a made for t.v. movie (hbo productions made it.) watch it on cable or rent the dvd. i give it a mild thumbs up.

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

go see art school confidential. you'll like it. 2 thumbs up.

the notorious betty page isn't what it should have been and has the feel of a made for t.v. movie (hbo productions made it.) watch it on cable or rent the dvd. i give it a mild thumbs up.

I would actually rate the latter a little higher. I am very picky with films, but I really found Gretchen Mol quite convincing. She even got down a lot of the ungracefullness of Bettie when she danced and moved (compared to those clips of her's availabe on DVD - I forget the collection's name). Maybe that helped me like it more than it should.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I thought Betty Page was a good fluff watch but not a true bio-pic in that it didnt delve too deeply into the person. Gretchen Mol did a great job capturing the look and movements of Page, and amazingly did look a lot like her. +10000 on the nude scenes (including a full nude one) with Mol, who looks phenomenal. My gf really liked the film for the costumes, as she saw quite a few pieces she would love to wear.

One of my friends looks like a real life Betty Page, she is a well known modern-retro pinup girl named Bernie Dexter.

here's my friend Bernie...i think she looks hella like Betty Page

[​IMG]

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

No pic? [​IMG]

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I read the Art School Confidential comic - I didnt know it was a movie already. MUST SEEEEEEE

6. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

I thought Betty Page was a good fluff watch but not a true bio-pic in that it didnt delve too deeply into the person. Gretchen Mol did a great job capturing the look and movements of Page, and amazingly did look a lot like her. +10000 on the nude scenes (including a full nude one) with Mol, who looks phenomenal. My gf really liked the film for the costumes, as she saw quite a few pieces she would love to wear.

One of my friends looks like a real life Betty Page, she is a well known modern-retro pinup girl named Bernie Dexter.

here's my friend Bernie...i think she looks hella like Betty Page

[​IMG]

ooooh. me likey.

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I thought Betty Page was a good fluff watch but not a true bio-pic in that it didnt delve too deeply into the person. Gretchen Mol did a great job capturing the look and movements of Page, and amazingly did look a lot like her. +10000 on the nude scenes (including a full nude one) with Mol, who looks phenomenal. My gf really liked the film for the costumes, as she saw quite a few pieces she would love to wear. One of my friends looks like a real life Betty Page, she is a well known modern-retro pinup girl named Bernie Dexter. here's my friend Bernie...i think she looks hella like Betty Page http://myspace-653.vo.llnwd.net/0008...84980653_l.jpg
    Holy crap. Err, I'd say!