• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

art/posters/etc for dorm room?

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
OMFG. I want that dorm room. Holy ****.

I wish I could paint my walls green, or perhaps hang a tartan wallpaper. I do have a Persian carpet in my room. But it's not as wonderfully threadbare as his are.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few cool pillows, and an interesting comforter can really transform a dorm room. Just don't make things "matchy". Mix'em up a bit. And, you don't need to spend much, just don't get the Tommy Hilfiger dorm "kit" at Ross. Use your imagination. Think about what you like in color and design. Then, throw them all together and it will reflect your own style.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That bar doesn't look that well-stocked.

It was his dorm room at Choate, thus those bottles by necessity were empty.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas, picked out the poasters below. I hope chicks dig Kandinsky.
375631.1020.A.jpg
416648.1020.A.jpg
269708.1020.A.jpg
340285.1020.A.jpg
255487.1020.A.jpg
171913.1020.A.jpg
E-K851Kopf-Posters.jpg
picasso-Bull-with-Bullfighter.jpg
Picture+3.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
I had to do a double-take when he posted the picture to make sure it wasn't actually you.
So did I. That looks like Conne's paradise, minus the fat broads and gay sex of course. Nice haul Bach

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
I have been considering getting one of these.
http://www.lx97.com/maps/

I have the black background with the white lines and it is absolutely the coolest thing ever. The only problem is finding a frame to fit, which I have yet to find for a reasonable price.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I have the black background with the white lines and it is absolutely the coolest thing ever. The only problem is finding a frame to fit, which I have yet to find for a reasonable price.

So, based on your response, these are not standard poster size? I am thinking of getting both and giving away the one I like less as a present.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono

P2008.jpg

In college a friend had a smallish print of a similar Dali (The temptation of St Anthony) on her wall near the front door. One day there were some maintenance guys replacing the fire alarm, and as they were leaving I overheard one guy say to the other, "That's a pretty cool painting." The other guy looked at it for a second and said, "No it's not" and walked out the door, which I thought was a pretty funny interaction.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black-light posters always make me think of the cool college-dorms I've seen. Sport them while you can - the mrs. won't let me hang mine up in any room but my "record room". The rest are sadly collecting dust in the storage area.
0213.jpg
1136.jpg
1549.jpg
Here are a few more cool non-black light posters:
0279.jpg
0671.jpg
1026.jpg

inq89

Reaction score
Wish I had the charisma or creativity to make my college apartment cool, but what can be done for white walls and carpeting?

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inq89
Wish I had the charisma or creativity to make my college apartment cool, but what can be done for white walls and carpeting?

-paintings, pictures, framed posters, framed record sleeves
-a large rug goes a long way (yes you can have a rug over carpet, it's allowed)
-curtains
-cool couch pillows
-nice bedspread, large pillows (girls love this)
-table lamps with 60 watt bulbs trumps overhead lighting always

None of this even has to be girly. Just go to Home Goods (the TJ Maxx of decor) and get whatever fits your style. They have some pretty wild stuff. If you have one in your area, it's the only place you need to go to get almost everything you need.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some gig posters for bands you like, there are tons of great ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads