• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrow Moccasins

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Najee D.
Well the pair in the photo is a size 9 (they're pretty TTS), and it's too small for anyone in the store (much to our chagrin). If you can fit them, I'll send em your way...for a small fee, of course.
smile.gif

totally. im a 8.5 or 9 in yuekten, oak street and quoddy. they might fit ... thoughts? thanks!

Najee D.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
totally. im a 8.5 or 9 in yuekten, oak street and quoddy. they might fit ... thoughts?

thanks!

If that's the case, I think they'll work splendidly. I wear a 12 in both Quoddy and Arrow, so you should be good. They're unlined so I'm pretty sure you'd like to wear a good pair of socks with them to help cushion the fit.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Najee D.
If that's the case, I think they'll work splendidly. I wear a 12 in both Quoddy and Arrow, so you should be good. They're unlined so I'm pretty sure you'd like to wear a good pair of socks with them to help cushion the fit.

cool, pm sent.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i found these pics from the eg 05 winter collection. i think these are the gladiator moc:
fw052.jpg
another interesting ring shoe from arrow moc:
fw058.jpg

satchelbmoore

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of the two eyelet with a crepe sole over the phone. almost choked when he said $144.17. I had already resigned to spending $270 plus shipping from oi polloi and would have if i didn't need to special order a US7. i wrote oi polloi and they said that they couldn't do special single orders from arrow. then i found this thread and learned i could call and get the crepe sole.

super excited. kinda want to get a blonde/tan pair now...i'll wait until i get these in "6 weeks or less." if i order another pair, i won't worry as much about the issue of not being able to resole them...i am still interest in pair of chukkas or oxfords from quoddy with the crepe sole but i really like the minimalist look of the sole stitched to the bottom of the shoe and not around the edges.

if anyone has more pictures of their arrows, especially some who have gotten some love, that'd be awesome.

Pangolin

Reaction score
I have a pair of the lined boots that I wore most of the winter in Wisconsin. They were completely waterproof from the start and have been really comfortable. If you like the style, probably one of the best winter shoe around, especially for the price.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...here is the $150 question: Do the double soled mocs have any usefulness in the city? I can't really get a straight answer (though I did see a guy wearing them on 9th ave in Chelsea the other day.) I don't really want to buy a pair of glorified bedroom slippers that I can't wear outside. Would they just get permanently mucked up by walked around the subway stations?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
the guy won't resole the crepes but will the double-leather. though i'm sure you can find a cobbler to get you a new crepe sole. take that for what it's worth

satchelbmoore

Reaction score
big three days in my life: i got a pair of the arrow 2 eye crepe sole mocs and a pair of the oakstreet beefroll loafters. they are both amazing but, at half the price, i am way more enthused about the arrows. can't wait to break in. My quoddys are going to the back burner...

very tempted to scoop these and the the lighter brown. love the crepe sole but after seeing how thick arrow leather is, i'm intrigued about the double sole...
am_5awctan.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by satchelbmoore
big three days in my life: i got a pair of the arrow 2 eye crepe sole mocs and a pair of the oakstreet beefroll loafters. they are both amazing but, at half the price, i am way more enthused about the arrows. can't wait to break in. My quoddys are going to the back burner... very tempted to scoop these and the the lighter brown. love the crepe sole but after seeing how thick arrow leather is, i'm intrigued about the double sole...
am_5awctan.jpg

how is the construction on arrows? are they comfortable w/o any lining? i like that style above as a throw on pair for a quick trip to the grocier. although i wish they extended the eyelet quarter a little higher. it almost has a unfinished look in that pic.

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
how is the construction on arrows? are they comfortable w/o any lining? i like that style above as a throw on pair for a quick trip to the grocier. although i wish they extended the eyelet quarter a little higher. it almost has a unfinished look in that pic.
They are comfortable right out of the box. While thick in appearance and hand, the leather is soft and rubbery and thus comfortable without socks immediately. They are a great deconstructed alternative to more sartorial options.

satchelbmoore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JRyder
They are comfortable right out of the box. While thick in appearance and hand, the leather is soft and rubbery and thus comfortable without socks immediately. They are a great deconstructed alternative to more sartorial options.

i agree. the construction is amazing. the leather is soft but firm. these aren't going to flop over. my only wish is that the were cut a little lower around the ankles. if (when) i order the blonde ones, i'll ask if he can take a quarter inch off. i'm sure once they break in this won't be an issue but otherwise they are amazingly comfy right out of the box. super dope shoes.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by satchelbmoore
i agree. the construction is amazing. the leather is soft but firm. these aren't going to flop over. my only wish is that the were cut a little lower around the ankles. if (when) i order the blonde ones, i'll ask if he can take a quarter inch off. i'm sure once they break in this won't be an issue but otherwise they are amazingly comfy right out of the box. super dope shoes.

cool, i will have to get a pair ... plus they are quoddy cheap, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads