• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrow Moccasins

Ned Netterville

Reaction score
I read the book "Born to Run" last year, took off my shoes for the health of my feet and legs and haven't looked back. I tried Vibram barefoot-technology, five-finger shoes, but found that Moccasins are much better and are closer to going barefoot. Bought a couple of pairs of Indian-made moccasins, which were made of soft leather. They were great, almost like being barefoot, but they wore out in just a few months. Then I found these Arrow Moccasins. I wear them every day and after 5 months it looks like they will last for years. They are everything the company represented them to be. I rarely endorse a product, but this is one I am happy to recommend. As far as I'm concerned, adding a sole would detract from these moccasins.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is an unlined Arrow Moccasin a good idea for like a dorm slipper to wear sockless? I currently have a pair of fleece lined LL Bean Slippers and everytime I wear them sockless my feet just sweat a lot. I wear Vans and Converse a lot sockless and have never really had a problem.

MartinLil

Reaction score
Ned Netterville, the Arrow Mocs, like any modern shoes, will not allow your toes to properly splay. If you're into the barefoot thing (I'm a barefoot runner that regularly does half and full marathons in Luna Sandals) then you may want to consider the lack of splay these shoes allow. If you just like the barefoot feel and don't mind that the shape of your foot is greatly altered by even mocs, then I suppose these fit your purpose well.

Last edited:

Najee D.

Reaction score
Our Arrow Moccasin stock FINALLY came in store. We went the the Lace Up Boot in Black leather w/crepe sole. Ordered pretty conservatively considering Chicago is usually a bit late to try new things. However, these have been doing fairly well. I've got a few more sizes left, HERE:
DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
i bought a pair of arrow mocs ring boots right from the store in hudson in size 9.5 , unfortunately they are a bit too big for me. anyone interested in taking them off my hands? worn maybe 5 times.

Last edited:

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Just got my mocs in today. Ordered them about 2 1/2 weeks ago and was told they would take about 6 weeks but they were just delivered today. Gonna sno-seal them up tonight and break them in over the holiday.

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01384-1.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

Last edited:

kojnglsmith

Reaction score
Just got the two eyed tie mocs with double soles..anyone have experience with how these hold up in snow/salt/general winter conditions?They look tough and I treated them with Obenauf's but don't want to wreck them...

Narwhale

Reaction score
Anyone have definitive sizing advice? I wear 7.5 in Red Wing GTs, 8 in Clarks DBs.

mcawber

Reaction score
Arrow is Cheaper because they have little overhead and basically sell wholesale.
A few years ago, before the "made in america" "trend", Kevin and Kirsten Shorey
were selling quoddy bluchers for $60 a pair (I bought 3 pairs at the time). At the
time, they were only able to stay in business because they were ONLY selling
volume in Japan, they had to raise their prices because their big customers asked
them to. So, actually, they raised their prices not because they were greedy,
but because they didn't want to bite the hand that was feeding them. Luckily, for them
JCrew and all the "Made in USA" hipsters caught on, and it seems they are doing
pretty well for themselves. I would imagine they don't make much more than the $60
per pair on their exports, and on the JCrew sales, but I guess the volume helped them
to save quite a few jobs. As I understood it, When Sebago went offshore to DR for all
their handsewns, Quoddy took over their shop, and employed many of their workers....

It's not that I don't feel your pain though. Two years ago, I got a "Pointer Brand" hickory stripe
chore coat for $29. A few months ago, the price jumped to $64.
This year, Colombiaknit factory store raised their prices on cobblecloth crew necks from $23.50
to $50.00. I'd say we have hipster collaborations to thank for these price jumps, but I can't really
blame them. They are just doing what they have to to survive, and if more consumers were
responsible about buying "local" and refusing to buy Levis, Sebago, LL Bean, etc. when they went offshore,
"buying American" wouldn't be a luxury, it would be reality, and there would be more than just a handful of workers
still producing in America, and they would actually be able to afford the goods they produced.

Sorry for the rant!

mcawber

Reaction score
Well, Customers are not always individuals (as in end consumers). Sometimes they are companies like "jcrew" for instance. Often times these "customers" do not want to compete with directly with manufacturers, and since the mfr does more volume with and is able to access a larger customer base, and distribution network, they will offer the "wholesale price" to the "buyer / customer" and the "retail price" to the end user. I hope this helped.

strangedream

Reaction score
I just talked with a gentleman at Arrow Moccasins about sizing and was advised it would be best if I mail the tracing of my feet.

I'm in no hurry so I'm going to mail it over next week, but nonetheless I was wondering if I can get some advice from those who own pair of Arrow. Following are my sizes for different brands I have recorded over the year:

Clarks - Desert Boots (what I wear mostly)
--10 D/M

Alden - Indy Boots (only measured; haven't owned a pair yet)
--9.5 D

Allen Edmonds (dress shoes)
--10 E

Red Wing (only measured; haven't owned a pair yet)
--9.5 E / EE

I know they ask for the dress shoe size (I wear AE in 10E) but I most often wear Clarks Dessert Boots. So I would like to ask anybody who has owned both Arrow Moccasins and Clarks on whether their sizings are about the same. I would also like to know how they compare in comfortability, given that Clarks dessert boot is the one of the most comfortable shoes I have worn. I am thinking of just ordering double leather sole for Arrow Moccasins instead of crepe or rubber given that resoling isn't available for latter two.

Last edited:

Narwhale

Reaction score

I just talked with a gentleman at Arrow Moccasins about sizing and was advised it would be best if I mail the tracing of my feet.

I'm in no hurry so I'm going to mail it over next week, but nonetheless I was wondering if I can get some advice from those who own pair of Arrow. Following are my sizes for different brands I have recorded over the year:

Clarks - Desert Boots (what I wear mostly)
--10D/M

Alden - Indy Boots (only measured; haven't owned a pair yet)
--9.5D

Allen Edmonds (dress shoes)
--10E

Red Wing (only measured; haven't owned a pair yet)
--9.5E / EE

I know they ask for the dress shoe size (I wear AE in 10E) but I most often wear Clarks Dessert Boots. So I would like to ask anybody who has owned both Arrow Moccasins and Clarks on whether their sizings are about the same. I would also like to know how they compare in comfortability, given that Clarks dessert boot is the one of the most comfortable shoes I have worn. I am thinking of just ordering double leather sole for Arrow Moccasins instead of crepe or rubber given that resoling isn't available for latter two.

I'm an 8 in DBs, 7.5 D in GTs and Iron Rangers. I bought Arrows in 8D, and they work well. They are definitely snug, and at first I thought they were too small (to the point of putting them up for sale here for a few days) but after a couple of wears they broke in and the bottoms flattened. I think they felt small because of the soles curving up on the sides so my toes felt cramped at first. I think I would have been OK going up a half size or a width if I wanted to wear thicker socks with them, but overall I think I got the right size.

Edit: I got double leather soles. The ability to re-sole was my main deciding factor. They're very comfortable to wear all day, but if I were standing for hours I'd probably choose my Red Wings. The leather is super thick, so the sole is probably 1/3" thick. It's flexible, but if you walk on gravel/rocks you'll feel it but it won't hurt.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads