1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arnys ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by coachvu, May 16, 2006.

1. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

I've always been intrigued by the brand, but I don't know any stores (besides Ben Silver) that carry their ties. Any places in Manhattan? Also, do they ever pop up on any of the discount clothing sites?

2. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

Barneys in Manhattan had several of the Arnys ties on sale when I was in NYC after Christmas.

3. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I bought mine at the Barney's warehouse sale last fall. There were about a dozen or so scattered around and on the last few days they were about $50-60 each. It was even during tax free week. [​IMG]

I saw only a handful at the spring sale this year. [​IMG]

4. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maus & Hoffman carries Arnys and Cuffs in Cleveland sell the ties. Very occasionally an Arnys tie from Cuffs will pop up at Filene's Basement. There are a few Arnys ties on ebay right now. Otherwise, I have never seen them at a discounter's and I don't expect to, bar the Ben Silver website's "Outlet" section.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

I didn't know they were still around. I got one a few years back at a thrift shop and asked here about them, and people thought they went the way of Sulka (whose silk that tie resembles). Interesting.

It's bright pink with yellow and green horseshoes and horsebits, IIRC.

6. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

I didn't know they were still around.

They're definitely still in business. Ben Silver has some of their ties (full-price, of course), and they have a website. http://www.arnys.fr/

7. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

Note - I didn't realize that they recently updated their website, and they list merchants in the U.S.