• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arnie's the last at no 10

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I raised my case!!!!!!
Actually ,it is funny when you do ask serious questions about Arnold with genuine interest ,you always come back with some "Shut the **** up","Hasta la vista" reply...
Not saying a lot about the achievements of the great man apart from stupid gimmicks ...
"People have the politicians they deserve" and in that case more than ever....

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
He is not my governor so I don't keep track of his performance. I will, however, say that some people I know who are mid-level Democratic political strategists in California have told me that he has been the most pragmatic governor of California in quite a while.

"People have the politicians they deserve"

Comments such as this coming from a Brit? You wouldn't be specially pleased if people on this forum start tearing apart your elected leaders and questioning your intelligence in the process.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
FWIW, as a Californian and a Democrat, I'm not a fan of Arnold's for a variety of reasons, but he's no more terrible than the last several governors we've had. I think the proposition that having been a career apparatchik is necessarily a positive "qualification" for a chief executive post is far from indisputable.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
FWIW, as a Californian and a Democrat, I'm not a fan of Arnold's for a variety of reasons, but he's no more terrible than the last several governors we've had. I think that the proposition that having been a career apparatchik is necessarily a positive "qualification" for a chief executive post is far from self-evidently correct.
Well, as a Californian and a Republican I don't love him either, so he must be doing something right.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you never criticize other people elected leader?
This argument is a bit weak,Panzeraxe...
I have the right to make an informed judgement on Arnold as a politician but nobody is giving me information to judge him on facts and not on myths...
i'm making the effort to try to understand the roots of his popularity...
I do have the right to judge him as an actor because i have watched many of his movies and i do genuinely think that he is a bad actor...

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Do you never criticize other people elected leader?
This argument is a bit weak,Panzeraxe...
I have the right to make an informed judgement on Arnold as a politician but nobody is giving me information to judge him on facts and not on myths...
i'm making the effort to try to understand the roots of his popularity...
I do have the right to judge him as an actor because i have watched many of his movies and i do genuinely think that he is a bad actor...

Sure I do, but I certainly don't throw out comments like:

"People have the politicians they deserve"

Reference my earlier post - I am a New Yorker. Thus, Arnold is not my governor and I cannot give you any tangible information on his accomplishments in office. I have never indicated otherwise - you simply changed the discussion from acting to political accomplishments.

WSW

Reaction score
I like Arnold.
smile.gif

WSW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM
...that's why you're going to kill him last!

Remember when I promised to kill him last....I lied.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure that i have been carried away but i do find the man extremely annoying and i'm staying polite...
I'm still surprised that none of his followers is coming up with solid facts but when we're elected solely on imageand gimmicks,can we be surprised by this fact?
Just a last point ,being elected gives you a legitimacy where you have been elected not around the globe and even this fact is more complicated than first seen...
The same phenomenon applies to actors....The fact you are ready to pay to see him or enjoy watching him does not give any legitimacy or credentials as a actor for the rest of us...
Vox populi vox Dei? Hitler has been elected.....Point made?
If the citizens of the world could have voted during the last US elections ,Kerry would have won it by a landslide,even in England and maybe even more so in England..
If you follow your ridicule point ,Hamas has been elected and therefore doesn't deserve to be criticized...
I'm sure you are always full of praises for leader who dare to disagree with your foreign policy!!
Kettle ,pot ,black?
No .i do apologize for beingcarried away but i do actually really hate this guy and i made the error of being too personal...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Vox populi vox Dei? Hitler has been elected.....Point made?

Absolutely. **** democracy, let's let the generals run each country, since they have experience with leadership.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved Arnold's action films. An actor is supposed to play out the part; acting isn't just about displaying a wide range of emotions. Acting is sometimes not displaying the right emotions - ie: in T2 T1000 and Arnold were good actors for the role they played. (I'm a big Arnold fan and have seen predator and his other movies.) That said, I never found that Arnold was particularly good at being an emotional kind of guy. He's too tough for that. I didn't like his comedies (the twin one I absolutely hated, refused to watch the one where he gets pregnant) but I enjoyed his funny action films. He's good at being an action hero, I don't see how he was bad at it. Acting is about filling the role you're given, not being the ***** who cries and wallows to show emotion. edit: ops, I was just searching in old threads and accidentally necroed this was looking for the proper length a sleeve should be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads