1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arnie's the last at no 10

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by raphael, Jun 26, 2007.

1. raphael

raphael Senior member

Do the hacking pockets look as distressingly out of place on a navy suit to anyone else?

I like the hacking pockets. I like the high gorge. The color looks good, but even Tony's jacket is too long.

2. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

This topic was kinda covered before, they are actually nice shoes.

[​IMG]

What are these? Moreschi? I've seen Moreschis with that kind of welt and stitching.

3. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Many people mistake "expensive" to be "nice".

+1

4. Brad

Brad Senior member

What are these? Moreschi? I've seen Moreschis with that kind of welt and stitching.

I would bet that they are Lattanzi. In my opinion, it's a crap shoot between whose shoes look better, and both of their suits are cut poorly. Blair's slippers look out of place with that suit.

5. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

iammatt said they were Stefano Branchini

The shoes keeck oss. I would love a pair like that, gator or not. Whether they are $2000 or $200. I wouldn't wear it with a gray suit though.

6. thepataphysician

thepataphysician Senior member

7. Brad

Brad Senior member

iammatt said they were Stefano Branchini

The shoes keeck oss. I would love a pair like that, gator or not. Whether they are $2000 or $200. I wouldn't wear it with a gray suit though.

I must have missed Matt's post. I agree, I wouldn't wear them with a suit, at least not that suit. I really don't know which is the lesser of two shoe evils in this picture. For all I know, Blair's shoes are bespoke, but they look lame with that suit.

8. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oh come on, they both look terrible. Both of their pants have huge, sloppy breaks. Blair's jacket is stiff and barrel-like; the lapel roll is non-existent. His suit cloth has no depth. The overall look is very bland and lifeless. I'm not saying he looks worse than Arnold, but they're both bland at best.

Actually, I take that back; at least Arnold's shoes have some personality.

+1 U.S.A.!

9. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

They both look terrible, like a middle managers meeting for some new Hooters franchise in Oklahoma.

Blair's shoes appear to be mid-range loafers with a corrected grain finish and Arnold looks like some has-been wrestler in his tacky shoes and droopy suit.

11. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Well, I bet arnold still buys the same size he did when he was 30 yrs old. Even though he is 60 now and probably lost more than a few inches off his chest.

12. ATM

ATM Senior member

13. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Arnold's shoes are atrocious and he needs a new tailor. [​IMG]

He should walk over to Savile Row and be schooled.

14. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member

His height seems to be controversial.

I'm 6'1 and I have met Arnold - he was my height or perhaps a tad shorter but definitely 6 feet+

15. m_wave

m_wave Senior member

Did we really ever expect Arnie to be well dressed? Sorry did I miss something here?

16. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

How on earth ,California ,one of the most creative region on the planet,voted for this Alpine creature?
    I would be interested in a rational explanation around this strange nomination...
    Is the economy is getting better ,the debt down?

Gott im Himmel, wir haben sehr gern unser Stadthalter! Als er jung war, wurde er der schoenste Muskelmann der Welt, denn wurde ein beruhmte Schauspielder, und hat er Regierungkraft gestudiert, und nun ist er ein grosser Stadhalter.

Arnold, Arnold ueber alles,
    Uber alles in der welt!
    Wenn es stetzt zum schutz und trutz,
    Bruderlich zusammenhelt!
    Von der Klamath bis an Calexico,
    Von des Ozeans bis an Nevada,
    Arnold, Arnold ueber alles.
    Uber alles in der welt!

(With apologies for my fractured German! Nimmer hat ich Deutsch im schule gestudiert.)

17. ruben

ruben Senior member

Not to get political, but I'm kind of surprised that Arnold is Blair's last visitor to No. 10, not that he's not important, but I expected bigger for a high profile PM after 10 years in office.

18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Blair is going going gone......Politics is a very fickle affair ,that's the reason why they all want to stay in power,by any means!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One day ,a very powerful man on the world stage ,tomorrow a PR for the Middle-East initiative......
    Power means money and network for your after- life...........
    Blair will finish at the UN or at the World bank....
    He is still very popular in the USA.

19. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Gott im Himmel, wir haben sehr gern unser Stadthalter! Als er jung war, wurde er der schoenste Muskelmann der Welt, denn wurde ein beruhmte Schauspielder, und hat er Regierungkraft gestudiert, und nun ist er ein grosser Stadhalter.

Arnold, Arnold ueber alles,
    Uber alles in der welt!
    Wenn es stetzt zum schutz und trutz,
    Bruderlich zusammenhelt!
    Von der Klamath bis an Calexico,
    Von des Ozeans bis an Nevada,
    Arnold, Arnold ueber alles.
    Uber alles in der welt!

(With apologies for my fractured German! Nimmer hat ich Deutsch im schule gestudiert.)

Interessanter Beitrag. Aber Arnold gehört schon noch uns - den Österreichern.

Auch wenn die Kaiserhymne bis 1918 unsere offizielle Hymne war, singen wir seit 1946

Land der Berge, Land am Strome,
    Land der Äcker, Land der Dome.
    Land der Hämmer, zukunftsreich.
    Heimat bist du großer Söhne,
    Volk begnadet für das Schöne,
    Vielgerühmtes Österreich,
    Vielgerühmtes Österreich.

Ihr German ist nicht so fractured, aber beim Geschichtsstudium happert es noch ein wenig.

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Sorry,guys for interfering into this abrupt surge of soft nationalism but could it be translated?
    I do not know a lot about the Hasbourg family and the Austro-Hungarian empire is still a bit of a mystery ....
    Mittle-Europa and Metternich,the Austrian Talleyrand,that's my boys...