Armpit hair - anyone??

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Automatic, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Hugo34

Hugo34 Member

Yes I do shave my armpits, but it is not a matter of life and dead. When I think the stuff have grown taller enough and feels like disturbing my peace, i do a little shave, that's all. Especially in summer though, in winter never no matter how it grows.

2. manny44

manny44 Member

I have never shaved my armpit hair, i am not sure if I will ever do it now or ever.

3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I've trimmed it a couple of times before when it was getting too hairy. Shaving it completely would probably be uncomfortable with the stubble.

4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Nairing is so much more comfortable than even trimming.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i used to be a bit self conscious or embarrassed to 'want' to have my pits shaved back even when i was younger. but i started doing it about 10 years ago and havent looked back. it's like normal for me now.

6. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

Shaved mine for the first time a couple of days ago. Feels good.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

here's a strange thing.. in korean tv, sometimes they block the image of a man's underarm hair by pixelating it. they dont always do it, but i have seen it sometimes.

last time i saw it was when a fat guy dressed up as a woman in a woman's dress whenever he lifted up his fat arms they would block out his messy armpit hair. i guess they do it depending on what looks tasteful or what have you?

8. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

I usually trim mine. This serves 2 purposes for me. One, I get more direct contact with the skin so I sweat less. Two, it reduces yellow stains on my white shirts because the anti-perspirant is on my skin and no longer on my armpit hair rubbing onto my shirts. After reading this thread I think I may try nair on my armpits...

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

I trim mine pretty short so that it doesn't retain sweat when it gets hot. Also I don't want it to peep out from my polo sleeves.

Shaving out of the question: irritations.

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

You guys should consider laser. I've been doing fully body hair removal for past 12 years and recently started laser treatment for chest, arms, armpits and back of my neck.

After just one treatment the hair is growing back MUCH slower and finer. I have to go 6-9 times and then maybe once or twice a year for maintenance. It's running me about $200 per session.

Highly recommend it.

And to those nairing their armpits - be careful. That's a sensitive area. And I would use the women's nair instead of the men's.

11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I shave my arm pit hair, as others have said. It helps with sweat and the stink. Feels much cleaner. The only issue I have is when I shave it completely off and I apply deodorant it burns but only on the first day. Any suggestions?

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

I shave my arm pit hair, as others have said. It helps with sweat and the stink. Feels much cleaner. The only issue I have is when I shave it completely off and I apply deodorant it burns but only on the first day. Any suggestions?

Maybe shave before you go to bed and apply an aftershave lotion so they're not sensitive come morning?

13. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

With all due respect, what is wrong with you people? Are your armpits all really that hairy that you are so self conscious that you consider shaving them? Armpit hair is virile and masculine; embrace it!

14. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

I have hair placed on various parts of my body, you want pics?

15. razl

razl Senior member

Guys can manscape without being considered effeminate.

Sorry, but this hasn't changed; consumption of media has skewed your perspective.

...and chicks don't seem to think any less of me as a result.

That's because "chicks" aren't looking for "men".