1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Armani watches

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rcm55910, May 6, 2002.

1. rcm55910

rcm55910 Member

I am a college student and am in desperate need of an inexpensive watch and was wodering how efficeinet the armani watches. Also it is acceptable to get a watch with a brown leather band (I'm sort of tired of stainles steel).

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Emporio Armani watches are nothing special - they are made by Fossil under license, not that there is anything wrong with Fossil. As I've posted before, unless you are an astronaut positioning a satellite, quartz movement is more than adequate for your needs - so you should choose a watch based on the aesthetics of the case, bezel, etc..., and not worry overly about the mechanics - a $10000 IWC watch performs only marginally better than a $50 Swatch. Go for the Armani if you think it looks good. And yes, leather is fine.

3. GatorStyle

GatorStyle Senior member

At that price point (less than $250 in most instances that I've seen), Emporio Armani watches are perfectly stylish and functional.  To the extent that it's important to you, the name arguably offers a bit more cache than, say, Fossil.

As to the leather band, go for it.  It's a bit less "rugged" than most stainless steel bands, but more elegant.  If you prefer brown, that works, too.  My preference in leather bands is black, as I think it's more versatile, but consider what else you wear on a daily basis:  if, for example, you usually wear brown shoes/belt rather than black, the brown watchband makes better sense.