• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Suit

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani Classico (blue label) is indeed the highest line. Even though it's cashmere, way too expensive/overpriced.

Kevin_lee

Reaction score
I think many High End custom Tailors are able to get the fabric of the suit. If you purchase the suit from them, you save some money and get a suits which fit's you very well.

Reaction score
In the title it says the jacket is size 43/44R, but in the description it says the chest size is 46. I thought the jacket size is the chest size. I noticed that descrepancy a lot on eBay. Can someone explain the reason for this?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a great suit. I like the high gorge, and higher two button stance, which you don't see that much. At $1500 it's still a fraction of retail, and not that bad of a deal. I've checked out Classico at Barney's and have been impressed. Agreed it's a bit expensive though.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a great suit. I like the high gorge, and higher two button stance, which you don't see that much. At $1500 it's still a fraction of retail, and not that bad of a deal. I've checked out Classico at Barney's and have been impressed. Agreed it's a bit expensive though.
Yeah, but when the retail is grossly - and I mean grossly - inflated viz a viz quality, then the price being a "fraction" of retail is irrelevant.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In the title it says the jacket is size 43/44R, but in the description it says the chest size is 46. I thought the jacket size is the chest size. I noticed that descrepancy a lot on eBay. Can someone explain the reason for this?
A coat (jacket) size is meant to fit a particular chest size. As you don't want the jacket as tight as an athletic t-shirt, the actual measurement of the coat will be somewhat larger than the actual measurement of the chest. The difference is usually about 2". If you measure tightly around your chest and it says 40", then your size will be the same (to fit a chest of 40"), but the circumference of the coat will be about 42".

truthhurts

Reaction score
The chest measurement is a few inches greater than the jacket size depending on the designer. A 42 jacket means it's for someone with a 42 inch chest. If your chest measures 42 then you don't want a jacket that measures 42 because it'll be too tight.

Beaten.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads