• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

armani shoes

seanandnik

Reaction score
I was in Filene's basement this past weekend and there were some beautiful Borrelli shoes and also some nice Armani shoes. The armani's were a linen/hemp material, real lightweight with a crepe sole, cool summer shoe but wondered who made them for Armani?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which FB location? Downtown Crossing? Can you describe the Borrelli shoes? How much?

seanandnik

Reaction score
yes, the downtown F.B.. There were quite a few Borrelli shoes, I saw a wonderful pair of brown suede loafers, but alas they were a size 7. There was a pretty good selection, some cap toes, a few loafers and others. They were price tagged at $995 with a F.B. price of $450, there were some for $395 too, it looks like they got a shipment from Mr. Sids or the like...there was a beautiful light tan suede Borrelli belt that I almost pulled the trigger on, I am going there tomorrow with my daughter so maybe. The salesperson told me though that they may be putting the hi-end belts and such on sale at 25% off, the usual F.B. every week the price goes lower arrangement does not apply to the hi-end stuff.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who makes shoes for Giorgio Armani please?

(Look I did use the 'search' function
smile.gif
)

I bought a pair of GA shoes because I'm a bit of a sucker for wholecuts. They seem reasonably well made ie not glued together and look good too
blush.gif
Just wondering who the actual manufacturer was please.

And before anyone asks, I don't have a digital camera at the moment.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know specifically, but given the size of Armani's operation, I'd say he probably uses more than one, depending on the price point. If you get a digicam sometime soon, I'd say it would definitely help to have a few pics.

foto010101

Reaction score
I bought these Armani boots one year ago for around 400USD (they retail at 500USD). Are there any people who can tell who made these shoes? By the way, do you recommend a shoe tree?

1dx3.jpg

2yu5.jpg

3up6.jpg

4nn9.jpg

5he8.jpg

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just seeing the leather uppers, it's hard to tell. If you take a pic of the inner label and any numbers printed inside and of the sole, it could help.

But, given Armani's pricing strategy, if they retailed at $500, they are probably about $250 boots with $250 worth of branding. In that case, you may not WANT to know who made them (I ran into that with some Prada shoes I had... I was curious who made them only to find out that they were largely outsourced to some factory in Bulgaria only to have the last little bits sewn on in Italy so that they could put a "made in Italy" tag inside them).

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foto010101
I bought these Armani boots one year ago for around 400USD (they retail at 500USD). Are there any people who can tell who made these shoes? By the way, do you recommend a shoe tree?

I think most forumites will tell you that the use of shoe trees is recommended for any pair that you want to last a longer time and maintain its original shape.

I have just started building a shoe collection, so I still have pairs that will not get approved by many on this forum (and that I am beginning to dislike after being on this forum for some time now) in my rotation. I use shoes trees for these too!

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Just seeing the leather uppers, it's hard to tell. If you take a pic of the inner label and any numbers printed inside and of the sole, it could help.

But, given Armani's pricing strategy, if they retailed at $500, they are probably about $250 boots with $250 worth of branding. In that case, you may not WANT to know who made them (I ran into that with some Prada shoes I had... I was curious who made them only to find out that they were largely outsourced to some factory in Bulgaria only to have the last little bits sewn on in Italy so that they could put a "made in Italy" tag inside them).

Unfortunately there are no numbers printed inside or on the sole. It only says: "Made in Italy"...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads