• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani or not?

xentath

Reaction score
I've recently found a coat that I am interested in, but the only places I see selling it are places I don't trust. Example: http://onlineshop8.com/product/Pro2468.Html

That is the coat I'm looking for. They state that its Armani, but the only people I can find selling it speak very broken English, and all use the same stock images. I don't quite trust I'll get what I'm after. I don't know anything about Armani, and even if this isn't Armani, if anyone could please tell me what the brand/name of this coat is so I can purchase from a trusted online store, that would be great.
biggrin.gif

xentath

Reaction score
Wow, things in this forum get buried quickly. No Armani fanatics can point me in the right direction? I'm assuming this is a fake, but am mostly afraid of just not getting what I payed for and not being able to return it. I really like that style though. :/

Found another "ioffer" site where they actually posted pictures of the Emporio Armani buttons and inside tags: http://www.ioffer.com/150121715

Theres just got to be another place to buy than Ioffer.
frown.gif

xentath

Reaction score
Thats what I figured, but I really like that black coat. Do you know what its called? Where I might be able to find it as far as a trustworthy store? If I cant find it anywhere else, I might just buy the fake because ... I really don't care. I just like the style.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to a decent Giorgio Armani outlet and see if they have that coat there - only way to be sure.
Also, that style of coat is not unique - you do not have to constrain yourself to Armani only.

There are some decent sellers on eBay and a few online that could also help with your line of enquiry.

xentath

Reaction score
Id love to check out outlets, thing is I'm in an area where thats not exactly possible. Online shopping is my best bet. Plus for someone who's worn 'hoodies' their entire life, this whole pea-coat style is new to me. I just saw that one and instantly liked it over the others I've seen
biggrin.gif

I'll be searching more throughout the day, and probably for the next week. Any suggestions as to where I might be able to find very similar coats to this one (and maybe even where I might be able to find a similar variety of brooches - haha) That would be much appreciated.

Bond77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xentath

Theres just got to be another place to buy than Ioffer.
frown.gif

I've found that most designer or brand label items on Ioffer are quite fake.

xentath

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I like what they have, but its a bit out of my price range. Thats why I was attracted to the fake coat I posted earlier. It fits my $100 to $200 budget. I just don't know if I'll honestly find anything as similar to that one of reasonable pricing from a trusted store. That left pocket is really eye catching to me for some reason. Along with those collars and straps. I don't know. Haven't seen anything quite as similar yet. Its just got a bit of edge to it that I like. I'm sure whatever the real style is probably also $600+

Alas, I shall not give up. Theres got to be some good ones within my price range.
biggrin.gif

The more links anyone has, the better. I'll be at this all evening.

And if anyone does in fact find the "original" of that coat I'm looking for, if the price is a little high, I might just save up for it.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Check the Sales forum here - there have been a lot of peacoats for sale recently, many in your price range. Also check the SW forum here, they have a few sponsors/brands doing things like peacoats (Temple of Jawnz for example) that are also in your range/style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics