1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Armani Exchange?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jokerman, Feb 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Mass diffusion. It was a Japanese company that licensed his name; not sure what it is now. Most of it is crap, but there are occasional gems (mostly low key copies of Japanese pieces, most of that outerwear). Not worth it at all at retail, but on sale, some of it's not bad.

Agreed. I have some of their logo-free stuff; their constant sales, excellent customer service/returns policy and discount codes means that when you do find some decent things they can be quite a decent catch.

2. Eason

Eason Senior member

While I detest their logos and the people who wear them, I did win their $500 shopping spree a few months back and was able to pick up a white slim fitting shirt, a great car coat, and a few other items I regularly recieve complements on. My other favourite jacket, a moleskin military blazer, I also got form them on sale a couple years ago. Their outwear on sale is probably the best thing about them, and they do have good customer service/return policies.

3. landho

landho Senior member

While I detest their logos and the people who wear them, I did win their $500 shopping spree a few months back and was able to pick up a white slim fitting shirt, a great car coat, and a few other items I regularly recieve complements on. My other favourite jacket, a moleskin military blazer, I also got form them on sale a couple years ago. Their outwear on sale is probably the best thing about them, and they do have good customer service/return policies.

Yeah--with anything, there are gems to be found there among all the other rubbish. My main point is that A|X doesn't deserve the wholesale derision that it receives from most forum members.

4. HanSoo417

HanSoo417 Senior member

I agree that the stuff is way overpriced, but i sometimes find some nice stuff on the sale rack. I like the fit of some of their stuff. Its slim but allows for broad shoulders. That being said, I don't every buy anything of theirs that is crazy branded. I look for the simpler stuff thats on sale and occasionally, i'm very pleased.

5. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

Isn't that the place where you can take your slouchy 80's suits with the gorge down around your nipples, and trade them in for a black T-shirt?

6. anph

anph New Member

If you like the way it looks, just buy it. Who cares whatelse. Don't be so quick to change your mind just because everyone doesn't like it

7. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

speaking of D&G, their latest s/s gear is pretty nice. The menswear suffers from good looking preppy gear that has big D&G crests sewn onto the chests, but the overall designs look very Ralph Lauren-y

The wimminswear they did right...the same "tennis club" aesthetic but no logos anywhere and really awesome stuff for the girls.

Tho D&G and A/X are 2 completely different beasts. A/X is basically the Gap with Armani's name licensed out to it. D&G is more like Emporio Armani, a basic designer diffusion brand that still commands designer prices.

+1. Walk by the D&G store pretty much every day on the way home and looking at the changing window displays i'm surprised at how nice some of it is. Dolce & Gabbana (main label) has always had pretty good stuff though...some loud and tacky stuff for sure, but the subtler pieces are always a treat.

Re: A/X yeah it is really horrible and don't see what people see in it other than the fact the word "Armani" is there. It isn't the cheapest option either, if i was shopping in that range i'd just get a bunch of basics from uniqlo and call it a day. Even Emporio Armani/Armani Jeans is full of crap, all logos and cheap feeling jeans. If you're gonna go Armani, I think Giorgio Armani is the only option worth considering. For S/S 08 there's some pretty nice fitting cotton trousers, blousons and sneakers that would be appropriate for a younger customer (usually i feel a lot of Armani may be more appropriate for more mature wearers). Armani Collezioni feels too stiff and business like, and not in a good way either.

8. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

A lot of the items in the store are awful, and most of the things are heavily branded. That being said, their outwear can be a good buy on sale. I bought a washed cotton M65 jacket in this greysih color, and it's one of my favorite coats. plus, its logo free.

9. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Thanks for the help. I actually found a nice one in Banana Republic yesterday.

10. ScrappyBoy

ScrappyBoy Active Member

A/X is armani, the fact that people sit here and think giorgio actually hand crafts the shirts they have... makes them stupid. He doesn't have much to do with the Armani line, Armani Collezioni is the line he deals with... most people on here cannot afford this as everyday wear.

It's armani, the quality is going to be decent, above average, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

It seems that people on here will try to act "high class" and claim that they're too good for A|X or A&F, but it's just everyday casual wear. You don't have to look like a super star all the time.

11. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

^^^

BigPunisher, your wish came true!

12. jet

jet Senior member

A/X is armani, the fact that people sit here and think giorgio actually hand crafts the shirts they have... makes them stupid. He doesn't have much to do with the Armani line, Armani Collezioni is the line he deals with... most people on here cannot afford this as everyday wear.

It's armani, the quality is going to be decent, above average, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

It seems that people on here will try to act "high class" and claim that they're too good for A|X or A&F, but it's just everyday casual wear. You don't have to look like a super star all the time.

Spend some time here and know your audience before you start babbling like an imbecile.

13. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

A/X is armani, the fact that people sit here and think giorgio actually hand crafts the shirts they have... makes them stupid. He doesn't have much to do with the Armani line, Armani Collezioni is the line he deals with... most people on here cannot afford this as everyday wear. It's armani, the quality is going to be decent, above average, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. It seems that people on here will try to act "high class" and claim that they're too good for A|X or A&F, but it's just everyday casual wear. You don't have to look like a super star all the time.
    jet's right; literally everything in this is completely incorrect.

14. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

But I love looking like a superstar in my sf uniform!

15. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Why bring up an 18 month old thread just to defend A/X? And yes, i'm sure Giorgio Armani spends most of his time dealing with the fused suit, dept store lines of his fashion empire.

16. zhghjgjkhkjhk

zhghjgjkhkjhk New Member

Every half-hour like clockwork, Dark Iron dwarves will attack both the Alliance and Horde Brewfest areas. RS GoldIf a sufficient number of people help defend the camp, the attack is thwarted and the Dark Irons will leave a large cog in their wake, giving the daily quest This One Time, When I was Drunk. Turn this in, and that's all you need for this achievement. Incidentally, the quest also rewards 10 Brewfest tokens, RuneScape Goldso it's extremely helpful while you're saving toward Brewfest clothing and/or the Brew of the Month club membership.So how does one help defend? On tables around the central festival area, you'll find Complimentary Brewfest Samplers. Pick one of these up and put it on one of your more convenient hotkeys. When the Dark Irons attack, keep tab-targeting through them while spamming the hotkey. WOW LevelingThe mug instantly refills itself so you'll keep drinking and tossing, drinking and tossing. The Dark Irons will get smashed at the same time you are,Aion Gold and if enough people are defending alongside you, your faction's kegs will be saved. If there aren't a lot of people helping to defend, it's usually impossible for a few players to fight off the endless stream of Dark Iron attackers, so that's why I advise doing this achievement early.

1 person likes this.
  17. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

i have a black A|X military shirt and it fits me quite well. i got it on sale.
    by enlarge its a terrible brand, but their shirts can be pretty nice(as long as you grab them on sale, and avoid the stuff that has the AX print all over it)