• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Collezioni

linux_pro

Reaction score
Is the Armani Collezioni line garbage? I'm looking for a possibly "fashion-forward" jacket/blazer and saw some fairly nice ones in the Armani Collezioni line. However, I prefer not to purchase garbage. Has anyone here on the board owned one, and if so, what did you think? Was yours wool, linen, or other fabric? How did it wear?

Thank you.

Sevcom

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think they're garbage, but they're not worth full retail. Generally fused with decent quality. The silhouette nowadays is pretty good, but I'd avoid anything being sold on eBay that isn't clearly from the past couple of seasons. There are still plenty of jackets floating around there with aircraft carrier shoulders and gorges and button stances somewhere around the crotch.

Richie_Rich

Reaction score
I have a couple of AC pants, I like them very much. The fit is perfect for my figure.

I'm not familiar with the jacket unfortunately.

BjornH

Reaction score
No ownership here, but I've tried some on and sadly they don't fit my figure. They are cut too long for me and do not flatter. The concensus seems to be that they are made from good, interesting fabrics. The workmanship is, not by a long shot, first class but still good. They have a fused front but it is very soft and nothing to complain about. Perhaps it will affect their lifespan but then again, they are so contemporary that they are almost consumables. If you'll still be wearing it after the fusing fails, you've got worse problems
tounge.gif
. B

mano

Reaction score
I purchased three Armani Collezioni jackets on sale at NM Last Call and am happy with all of them. They are wool, wool blends (alpaca, silk etc.) and while they are fused, I am partial to the woven fabrics, which are "fashion forward." Two are single button and are great for casual wear and around the office when I don't have to wear a suit. The Armani cut on these also quite nice. Over the three years I've owned them, I have received a number of compliments on them. If you can buy them at a good price, they're great jackets to own.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree with sevcom.

I own one MTM armani suit. When I wear it, I get more complements from ladies than Brioni, Zegna, or Canali suits. Armani's fusing is one the best. It's so soft that the lapels roll like canvased suits.

But, I would not buy Armani suits anymore. Since I am a fan of canvased suites. But if I had money and had to buy items from well marked euro designers, it would be Armani.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LP, I used to think Armani Collezioni made really nice stuff in highschool. Â Since joining this forum and shopping in New York, and to a lesser extent San Francisco, I can't see myself EVER buying Collezioni, even for fashion forward pieces. There are just too many "alternative" designers who offer fashionable pieces with better detailing and/or superior construction. Â The most likely candidates in these categories include: Construction: Jil Sander Helmut Lang Prada Costume National (the newer City suits are fused) Detailing: Martin Margiela 10 (a little "out there" at times) Junya Watanabe for CDG Paul Smith Etro (should be placed on both lists) Heck, even the Z line from Zegna appeals to me more than Armani...the shoulders never look right on me for reasons unknown.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prelude: I've already mentioned this suit before, but for the present conversation, it is perhaps worth another mention.

Experience: I fell for a black wool suit by Armani C. (AC) in the comfort model, one button, ventless. This piece breaks every rule. Nevertheless, when I bought it, I understood what I was doing, I knew what I was getting. I was buying a particular look. AC has that look like no other designer. Prada is not AC is not Etro is not Kiton is not Saville Row. I would not make comparisons.

Advice: go in for an AC suit if it flatters you, try to get it at a discount, and don't buy deep. I own one Armani suit and it is enough. When I want that look, I wear that. Period.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one and it's a very particular piece. A beige plaid 3-button double vent with flat fronts. Bought it on Ebay for about $400. It's strictly a summer suit, and one I wear on a Friday with brougues. Fabric is pretty nice, construction is pretty crappy, but teh fit is fabulous and the styling is wonderful.

I love the suit, but bought it because I was looking specifically for a beige summer suit, not because it was an Armani.

pitonboy

Reaction score
C can be attractive, but in my experience wears out more rapidly than some of the better constructed suits and coats. The materials that are used can be interesting but the looser weaves may tend to snag easily. I don't but AC with the expectation that I will have it in use ten years from now.
In a related vein, are Armani blaCK label suits fused or canvas?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a related vein, are Armani blaCK label suits fused or canvas?
I don't relate to the term "black label" with regards to Armani. When referring to the "Giorgio Armani" label, those suits are fully canvassed and cost twice as much as suits in the Armani Collezioni line. However, Giorgio Armani RTW suits, at least recently, are not cut slim. This is an observation I made at a store in the United States and may not be universal. Giorgio Armani does have a MTM program; I suppose one could request a slimmer fit in their models. However, I don't see much of an advantage to the Giorgio Armani line, unless the fabrics appeal to you and the generous cut is flattering. It seems the high cost of those suits is unjustified.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C are sort of a full cut, machine made, out of the mill suits. They would compare to Hugo Boss or Z Zegna. Nothing worth the outrageous price tag, really. But then again, among most people, it would probably be the epitome of fashion, luxury and style.
tounge.gif
.luc

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AC are sort of a full cut, machine made, out of the mill suits. They would compare to Hugo Boss or Z Zegna. Nothing worth the outrageous price tag, really. But then again, among most people, it would probably be the epitome of fashion, luxury and style.
tounge.gif
.luc
I disagree regarding "full cut" across the board. There are various AC models, only some of which are cut full.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
johnapril : okay, point taken. I haven't delved in the whole line.
They are somewhat fuller cut than designer suits though (dolce & gabbana, jil sander, ...etc)

.luc

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, yes. I tried on a Dolce and Gabbana for spring 2005, in my size, the thing was made for an anorexic woman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads