• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Collezioni Sport Coats and Blazers - Opinions?

dduck

Reaction score
What do you think of Armani Collezioni sport coats and blazers? I am looking for a fairly conservative and traditional look rather than the latest fashion. From what I have seen, their style seems to extend from very conservative and traditional to fairly weird (and presumably fashionable, not that I could tell).

How good is the quality of manufacture? Are the fused, half canvased or full-canvas?

Opinions and impressions welcome.

Thanks.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't own any Armani suits or jackets, but I do have a lot of trousers and some shirts. I'm particular fond of most collezioni trousers because the cut is usually a classically straighter leg, which is hard to find elsewhere.

My one tip to contribute is that Armani is fond of dabbling and mixing in "tech" type fabrics - poly, viscose, tencel, etc. Steer clear of any of that for jackets or suits and be judicious in anything else.

Macallan

Reaction score
I have a fused Collezioni sports jacket (cotton/linen/viscose blend) from their S/S 2007 range, which is quarter lined and I wear on very hot days; however, with the summer (June/July) we have had so far in the UK it has not been needed.
Cut is conservative, construction is ok, they could have have done a better job with the lining and it fits me well. The jacket is fit-for-purpose and the main reason I got that particular jacket was the price.

If it was something that I needed/wanted to wear often, I would have left in on the sales rack. It was at a time when I was trying out different styles, I could have got a better jacket for more money (e.g. Zegna cotton jacket) and the cheaper jackets in my size were awful.

If I need to replace the jacket, I would look at a different brand; the brand is ok and only ok. If the price is good compared to other brands, get it; however, make sure to stick to cotton or wool.

HughJ

Reaction score

the brand is ok and only ok. If the price is good compared to other brands, get it; however, make sure to stick to cotton or wool.
[/B]

These have been my findings as well. In addition to the fabric being of a weave that I was iffy on, the last one I tried on had the country of origin tag sewn on backward (at the collar), causing "Made in Jordan" to appear in reverse. I examined several others on the rack to confirm that this was not an anomaly. Bizarre.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried a suit on the other day and liked it, it was fully canvassed. However, it fit large and I actually had to size down one. As such the pants did not fit. I did think it was overpriced though. It was regular price at 2k. Then I walked 20ft over to the Tom Ford stuff and forgot all about it.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani Collezioni jackets and suits are certainly fully canvassed for many models.

Not all are canvassed though, I have come across numerous half canvassed and entirely fused items as well.

Quality not equivalent across the board so YMMV, but the better items are constructed to a level similar to Ralph Lauren Black Label or Zegna mainline.

Good introductory level suit at a not so introductory price at retail. I feel there are other better options to explore in that price bracket of upper $1K / lower $2K.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics