• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Collezioni shirt...fused cuffs?

lbcgav

Reaction score
So I bought an Armani Collezioni shirt at Saks a few months ago and just realized the cuffs are fused. I'm getting those dreaded bubbles forming. Mind you, I don't dry this in the dryer, only hang-dry. For $315 (retail) you'd think they'd make a better shirt. The only reason I bought the shirt was I got a Saks gift card and it was on sale (still overpriced at $175). Other than this, I've liked the shirt so far--nice fabric, MOP buttons, slim-fit, etc. Anyone else experienced the same thing? So far, the collar has not formed the same bubbles but I think it's only a matter of time, since it feels the interlining is fused to the outer layer of the collar.

jnm23q

Reaction score
I bought a few AC shirts on sale last year, one french cuff and two single cuff (GBP 60 instead of 120)
They all seemed great in the shop!

You are correct - collars and cuffs are fused. I have what seem to be permanent creases on the cuffs - I think where the material has re-fused itself?
On the french cuff one the placket is very flimsy and as a result creases easily.

Good points - fairly fitted (these are the modern fit version), nice buttons, decent fabrics

Pretty poor value overall, better than Boss, not as good as Zegna.

Giorgio Armani have better shirts, but they are priced at GBP200 and make no sense when Kiton can be had cheaper online (around USD250).

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a Brioni shirt that does the same thing, but when you fold back the collar it disappears (the bubble is in the collar).

Italian shirts are often heavily fused in the collar, something i'm not a huge fan of.

Dressed2the9s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I have a Brioni shirt that does the same thing, but when you fold back the collar it disappears (the bubble is in the collar).

Italian shirts are often heavily fused in the collar, something i'm not a huge fan of.

Wow!
confused.gif

I thought i just fused suits I had to question and look for??? Now you're telling me I gotta look out of fused shirts that bubble if they get wet or get dry cleaned a couple of times!!!

And all this for $300.00???
ffffuuuu.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It doesn't make it a low quality shirt, they just prefer a very stiff collar.

That being said I've never had any of the linings separate on my polo or purple label shirts.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dressed2the9s
Wow!
confused.gif

I thought i just fused suits I had to question and look for??? Now you're telling me I gotta look out of fused shirts that bubble if they get wet or get dry cleaned a couple of times!!!

And all this for $300.00???
ffffuuuu.gif

Fusing on the collars and cuffs stiffen the shirt, it has nothing to do with quality.

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
It doesn't make it a low quality shirt, they just prefer a very stiff collar.

That being said I've never had any of the linings separate on my polo or purple label shirts.

I've had AC shirts for years, never had any separation. And +1 on the PK!

lbcgav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
Fusing on the collars and cuffs stiffen the shirt, it has nothing to do with quality.

I've had AC shirts for years, never had any separation. And +1 on the PK!

I know the Jantzen shirts I have are fused but I havent' had separation yet on those. What causes a shirt's underlining to separate from the fabric?

GBer

Reaction score
I have plenty of AC shirts which I have both laundered & dry cleaned all over the western world. No separation.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C shirts got horrible collars and construction. totally overpriced .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads