• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Collezioni fit/quality?

Borky

Reaction score
I've been looking at some Armani Collezioni things on VCH and I'm wondering how they fit and how they are made. I haven't seen much talk of them on here, but they seem reasonably priced. I'm particularly interested in some of the pants, since I just bought some J crew slim fit summer-weight pants, but I'm afraid I paid too much for the quality I got, am I right?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Borky
I've been looking at some Armani Collezioni things on VCH and I'm wondering how they fit and how they are made. I haven't seen much talk of them on here, but they seem reasonably priced. I'm particularly interested in some of the pants, since I just bought some J crew slim fit summer-weight pants, but I'm afraid I paid too much for the quality I got, am I right?

The suits are fused. Not canvassed

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too much for the quality, yes. You are paying for the label.

Borky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
too much for the quality, yes. You are paying for the label.

Are you referring to J crew or Armani? I was looking at something like this http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/i...duct_id=296580

I don't care about suits (don't even know what canvassed means). I don't plan on buying one for awhile. I just want some decent pants, and don't have too much money to spend.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are undoubtedly referring to Armani.

As for those pants. Is $75 for a pair of pants you really like that bad these days?

Borky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
They are undoubtedly referring to Armani.

As for those pants. Is $75 for a pair of pants you really like that bad these days?

That's what I'm saying if I have under $100 to spend, who should I go for? Should I stick to Jcrew, RL, etc or go for sale stuff like this *if* I can find it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That seems like a decent deal. They retail for $295, if they weren't Armani, they'd retail for maybe $220 or so, so $75 is still not a bad deal.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a subjective question. J. Crew's offerings go in a different direction than those of Armani Collezioni. The style ethos for the two companies are completely different.

That said, if you're trying to squeeze every last penny, J. Crew and Ralph Lauren's lower end lines are the way to go. If you like the Armani Collezioni aesthetic then $75 isn't a lot to spend.

fredrik80

Reaction score
I had a AC suit that was partially canvassed (lapels) and it was pretty nice. The fit is usually slim but built for athletic people (not skinny slim like most other "slim" suits). I especially liked that the armhole was very high and sleeves cut perfectly slim for my physique

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fit is king.

If you like it and it fits well, buy it.

But try not to buy at full price as the 'quality: price' ratio isn't too well stacked in your favour then. I have no problem with brands (within reason) as long as the fit is good - I'd rather have a well fitting Armani than a poorly fitting Oxxford, tailoring aside - but then of course, the 'quality' of your alterations tailor comes into the equation
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The thing to note about Armani pants is that they are cut with a wide leg. I have a mtm armani suit and several pairs of their pants. The suit is **** compared to my good stuff but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the pants. I've had some pairs for 5 years now and they still look fine. I wouldn't hestitate to spend $75 on them...

I wear them when I'm going for a more casual look.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw several times AC sportcoats with the description "Coat, Armani Collezioni, 4% spandex 3% other synthetic fibre, 699€".
That was at a haberdasher where I'm buying quite often since almost 3 years, so it seems to be quite common with AC that they don't use natural fibres only.
I can't give you exact information about the suits, but you will get better stuff for the retail price (and surely for far less if you are willing to buy on ebay or internet).
As the trousers you're refering are made only from natural fibres I think for 75$ they can't be bad if they fit.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
I saw several times AC sportcoats with the description "Coat, Armani Collezioni, 4% spandex 3% other synthetic fibre, 699€".
That was at a haberdasher where I'm buying quite often since almost 3 years, so it seems to be quite common with AC that they don't use natural fibres only.
I can't give you exact information about the suits, but you will get better stuff for the retail price (and surely for far less if you are willing to buy on ebay or internet).
As the trousers you're refering are made only from natural fibres I think for 75$ they can't be bad if they fit.

They do use a lot of synthetics. At first I found it annoying, but I don't really buy Armani anymore. Sometimes it does achieve some purpose, however. I have a couple pairs of pants with rayon in them that I like. They make great summer clothes.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those trousers may not end up being your favorites, but for the price you should be able to live with them. I've worn Armani for more than twenty years. Black Label usually, or Classico. I still prefer his cut and fit, above other ready-to-wear brands. Might just be right for my particular frame; a 38 regular fits me fine with only a few minor changes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads