1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Armani classico

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior Member

I purchased an Armani Classico dress shirt a little over a year ago. I payed just shy of $400 for it, which I now know could have gotten me a Borelli and almost a Kiton. At the time, I really didn't know as much about handmade dress shirts, and hadn't learned yet about the Borelli's and Kiton's of the world. My question is: how do the Armani Classico shirts compare to these hand made shirts? Is there any handwork in them at all? I think if I knew then what I know now, I would have spent that $400 on a Borelli. The classico is a nice line, but is it mostly name and not quality that you are paying for? Is the Classico line of dress shirts made by Vestimenta like their suits are?

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

I had one Armani classico shirt which I eventually sold on ebay. The cotton was actually quite nice, and the buttons were decent (stitching of them wasn't so hot, though). My main objection to the shirt is a rather important one. The collar was quite awful to the point where I couldn't even wear it open-necked, it looked that bad.
    I also managed to pick up a classico suit rather cheaply with the same problems. The fabric is quite nice and I like the cut, but the construction leaves much to be desired. Not having had any experience with Vestimenta, I can't comment on whether there are any differences between their own garments and the ones they make for the black and blue label.

3. thc

thc Senior Member

I agree. The collars on Armani Classico shirts are awful which is a shame given their price. The thing lays flat after one washing.

4. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior Member

Ditto.

My Armani Classico shirt didn't appear to have any lining in the collar and fell apart after 3 wears. All puckered and lost its shape. Classico line may have GA's personal stamp of approval on it it but who cares - not worth the premium.

My Charles Tyrrwhitt standard issue shirts (can buy 5 for the price of the Classico) are far superior in every way and are my daily essentials.