• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Arm size

Lexel

Reaction score
I’ve just bought a 1/4 zip sweater in XS. It fits alright except for the sleeve. It’s quite loose fitting and baggy. Thinking of returning but I can’t get a smaller size than XS. Am I making too big of a deal out of the arm size?

Attachments

Anachronist

Reaction score
No you aren’t making a too big deal about it. Style has a lot to do with proper fit and those sleeves are definitely too long. If you’re completely set on that sweater, try rolling the cuffs up to see if that looks any good. Otherwise I‘d continue looking...

Lexel

Reaction score
No you aren’t making a too big deal about it. Style has a lot to do with proper fit and those sleeves are definitely too long. If you’re completely set on that sweater, try rolling the cuffs up to see if that looks any good. Otherwise I‘d continue looking...
Length isn’t too much of a concern for me though it is too long. I’m worried about the space in the arms. The picture doesn’t show it well but there’s a lot of room. I’m guessing that’s because it’s probably supposed to be on top of 2/3 layers

Anachronist

Reaction score
I think you’re right. The type of sweater is intended to be worn over a shirt. If it’s made of wool you may find that it shrinks a bit with the first wash and may fit better afterwards. Just don’t wash warm or hot, always cold or it will fit a child afterwards ;-)

Redbike

Reaction score
You might try to have the sleeve shortened by removing sleeve and shortening it from the top. Of course, this is a more extreme approach, but it will reduce the girth at the top of the sleeve and will not disturb whatever detail has been applied at the cuff end.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.