• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Argyle Socks of Brown/s & Blue/s?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a maker of argyle socks that offers a combination of brown/s & blue/s? I have several tweed coats of that color combination and would like to find argyle socks that will work with them.

I'm also open to other patterned socks (in wool) that include both brown/s & blue/s.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips fellows.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen socks in browns with blues at Off S5A at times.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
I've seen socks in browns with blues at Off S5A at times.
I'll be driving by one this afternoon. Thanks.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I'll be driving by one this afternoon. Thanks.

Did you find any? I swung by my local Off Saks earlier today and saw a few variations. I don't know if they have the material breakdown you wanted though.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still looking. We ended up driving to Sonoma by a another routing due to traffic ... so I missed the Off-5th in Petaluma.

In terms of material ... I'm wanting something that will work with flannels or cords ... so a heavier wool. In terms of colors ... I'm looking for darker richer colors than those in the Marcoliani above. The ideal colors woud be coffee, toast, & blue ... or brown, rust, & blue ... etc.

While I haven't found exactly what I'm seeking... there are two argyle patters at Paul Stuart that would work... but sadly at almost $50 a pop. I'm liking their brown & rust ... and their coffee, tan, & toast. Both are sans blue however ... but with the right browns. So ... I'm not rushing into those.

Byford makes a couple of argyle variations that might work -- a grey, tan, & blue, as well as a navy, khaki, & taupe... but I'm not familiar with their socks. I might try to find a source so that I can touch and feel.

C'est la vie with the sock hunting.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Reaction score
Lots of good Marcoliani options available on O'Connell's right now. I think they've got close to 200 SKUs, so it's a fun and lengthy browsing.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Lots of good Marcoliani options available on O'Connell's right now.
Bingo! Found a couple of pairs that will work.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.