• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you wearing glasses?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wearing glasses, I have severals but do not match as mine are dark blue

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear glasses to work and (and generally during the day) and contact lens at night, on vacation and for sports.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am actually getting glasses on tuesday, i'm kind of excited about it

Heron

Reaction score
I wore glasses for the last 20 years until last year when I had laser correction done - what a wonderful feeling to be able to see when you wake up without having to bang around in search of glasses.

johnw86

Reaction score
I'm coming up on 4 decades of wearing glasses. I wouldn't feel dressed without them. I've heard good things from many who've had the laser, but for some reason I feel uncomfortable letting a laser beam near my eyes.
wow.gif

jester

Reaction score
Worn glasses since I was 9. Can't imagine it any other way.

I only have two regular pairs I cycle through, but would like to get others. It's a great opportunity for style.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 4 decades of wearing glasses. I wouldn't feel dressed without them. I've heard good things from many who've had the laser, but for some reason I feel uncomfortable letting a laser beam near my eyes.
wow.gif
Nor do I. In fact, I rather wait a good 20 years (when I will be 42) to see how the long-term effects of laser eye surgery have panned out. If in fact if it is all they say it is and no longer term effects are found in 20 years, I'll consider it then. For now, seeing as it is not life threatening, I'll stick with glasses thank you every much. Jon.

Fashionslave

Reaction score
I wear reading glasses.I usually by them from CVS,but just this one time,I recently bought a cool vintage bakelite pair that was made in France.They look like they're early 60's,kinda squarishly horizontal and heavier frames.I had a slight blue tint put on the lenses for that "Oceans 11" panache.Needless to say,I often lose the cheapies,but this pair I keep under lock and key.
wink.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is good with glasses = they protect the eyes of any type of element which could seriously damage them.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore glasses from 2nd grade until I was 35 years old.

5 years ago, I had LASIK surgery. One of the best things I've ever done.

I hated my glasses, particularly for skiing and climbing and other sports. Now that I'm free of them, I can't imagine going back.

stache

Reaction score
I rather wait a good 20 years (when I will be 42) to see how the long-term effects of laser eye surgery have panned out. If in fact if it is all they say it is and no longer term effects are found in 20 years, I'll consider it then.
I had Lasik about six years ago and what they are finding is similar to my current vision situation. Lasik lays a specific perscription on your eyes and as the eyes change, the need for glasses may come back. I now wear reading glasses. I have been hearing that Wavefront is an improvement as it actually corrects vision problems as opposed to giving your eyes a prescription. I do not regret my surgery as most times I do not need glasses any more
smile.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn glasses since I was 13. Waiting to find out about long-term effects of Lasik, but in 20 years it may be too late for me. My bronze frames color coordinate pretty well with my hair color (at least until I get a little older and go completely "blonde"
wink.gif
).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads