• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

are you merely interested in clothing,or is it something of great importance to you?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a fun hobby. I like playing around with what I wear, but doesn't mean I'm too clothes-minded to function. There are things vastly more important to me.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a fun hobby.

I'm really into demin, and dress shoes. I proabbly bought way too many jeans, and I save up a good a bit to started my shoes' collection.

kookydooky

Reaction score
I wouldnt say im really into fashion or anything, I just like nice clothes, I really think everyone likes nice clothes to some extent.

What I enjoy more is discussing clothing related things that annoy me.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll wear whatever takes attention away from my face and will spend anything to achieve this

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Want to pursue career in it, so yes, very serious to me..

you are the antithesis of fashion.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want to pursue career in it, so yes, very serious to me. I spend about half or more of my me time doing fashion related things (usually reading books about fashion or looking at runway stuff). I don't look much the part right now, but when I can afford the (and this is to answer the other question) luxury of clothes whilst saving a little bit of money, without going into debt or lowering my normal lifestyle (lets say 10% of my income), I will look the way I want to
smile.gif
. I'd say 30% of my life is fashion. Fashion to me is a very honest means of expression that works on many levels and is strongly intertwined with subcultures, the creativity is what I love about it.

I'm going to throw up.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see how it is possible to spend 12 hours a day doing fashion unless it is your job.

To answer the question: I just like to look good.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i only really think about it when there's something i need (i.e new boots or jacket, etc.). i have, however, fallen victim to more than one impulse buy since discovering this site. i do find myself thinking about denim and kicks, though.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
FWIW, I did get a job at a boutique because of this forum/fashion, and if I had the ability to sew I'd definitely be making custom spec clothes for myself. There are a few pieces I want that I have not been able to find in any reasonably priced RTW brand, and I really don't think the time/expensive is worth it in, say, comissioning a bespoke piece.

If any designers are reading this can you please, please, please make a khaki/grey colored waxed shirt jacket without shirt side hems, but with side welt pockets, a slim cut, a zip front (with two way zips, Riri zippers please), and, most importantly, a standing collar. I'd also like 2 button cuffs (working button holes), a simple breast pocket (flapped, but with one non obstrusive smoked grey MOP button) and an internal pocket a waist/belt level for a phone. Do not make it short either, but slim cut, with a heavy taper!

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just for fun! i wear sweats everyday, but i like collecting pretty things.

samurai

Reaction score
Want to pursue career in it, so yes, very serious to me. I spend about half or more of my me time doing fashion related things (usually reading books about fashion or looking at runway stuff). I don't look much the part right now, but when I can afford the (and this is to answer the other question) luxury of clothes whilst saving a little bit of money, without going into debt or lowering my normal lifestyle (lets say 10% of my income), I will look the way I want to
smile.gif
. I'd say 30% of my life is fashion. Fashion to me is a very honest means of expression that works on many levels and is strongly intertwined with subcultures, the creativity is what I love about it.

Nice post IMO. You display one of the qualities I enjoy most in someone - enthusiasm. Isn't this what keeps our hobbies/obsessions alive and interesting?
My wife worked in a Hollywood law firm some years back. There was a file clerk there who probably did not make big $, but he loved interesting, even flamboyant clothing. Every time I saw him he looked well dressed in a slightly over the top way. I still regret not getting to know him better. I just love people like that.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
I was extremely interested for a time. Now, the hope is that I can wear pretty much the same thing in the same style, having invested quite a bit in time and money in that (relative to my income), and move on to other things in life.
This is my plan as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads