• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you an asshole?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deep down inside, isn't everyone? That is certainly orthodox Christian doctrine. I try to mask my inner assholishness with a veneer of kindness, cordiality, civility, social gentility, etc., but I probably don't always succeed.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
I have my moments, but wisdom (defined as fear and greed) has mellowed me somewhat.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
IRL I am very nice, maybe too nice. Behind the shield that is my monitor I am an ITG and a huge gaping asshole.

You're not a nice guy, you're a *****. Although the line is ice thin, it's definitely there.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mainly no, although I generally have one following me around all day.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Formerly with extreme prejudice. Now far more selectively.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
I am a good person to know. But the internet can bring out my worst traits.
not picking on you in particular, but I've never really gotten this. Putting aside the ITG arguments for a while - as that is really easy to explain, I have met a couple of guys from the web whose online personalities were nothing like what I expected. Basically I think my internet personality and my sitting-at-a-bar personality are pretty much the same. Maybe people who have sat at a bar with me would disagree. But Ive met my share of internet peeps over the years, from SF mostly, but elsewhere too, and I got thinking about this the first time I met RJMan a few years ago. This may surprise some (it surprised me), but having a drink with RJ is a remarkably snark free experience. I went in looking forward to meeting someone with a razor sharp wit who would pull me apart. In the end I met someone who is really very pleasant to hang out with. I actually like both of RJ's personalities btw, I think he is about the funniest guy on the board, and a very nice guy to hang out with, but I just never quite got the discrepancy. Globetrotter on the other hand, is exactly as he seems. Straightforward, open, honest, and can get a little passionate on a topic if pressed. Online and offline match. I chat to a few of forum guys on IM too. Conne made some remark up above, but I think he is another mileage-varies case. Chatting with him, he seems a lot more career focussed and grounded than his forum persona would have you believe. Never met the guy, can't verify. And...wait for it...Jon. Chat to him online, very pleasant, easygoing. Let him loose on the forum and..well, we know how that ends. Anyhow, just some random ramblings on something I have occasionally pondered. How about you guys? Do your on and offline personalities match?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
online im a cool cat, offline im a pathetic human being.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Probably got those two switched around.

But ya never know.

well atleast im not a loser in both!

OH SNAP!

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Many people have referred to me as "sharp" and not as a compliment. I often also hear that I am "blunt" or "rude". I guess all of the above are code for asshole...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting question. IRL I'm well-mannered, respectful and good natured. But I also do not mince my words and have no issue with expressing my opinion no matter how unpopular it is. Some people call that trait of mine as being an asshole, I tell them I'd rather be honest. Besides, they're all freakin' SOBs anyway.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Very rarely, unless I really don't like or respect the person.

Reaction score
can we make a list of SF a$$holes?

for future reference, like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads