1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a shoe-man or a suit-man

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Oct 12, 2009.

1. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

I know when looking at the opposite sex (or for some the same) we have our priorities be they the leg, breasts etc.

In clothing we also have priorities so are you a shoe-man, suit-man, etc

2. Francisco

Francisco Senior member

I think i'm more into shoes... I believe that is also depends on if you really need to wear suit every day and often, I guess everyone needs to wear shoes right?

3. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

I'm in for multiple perversions, but mainly shoes and accessories, then suits

4. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

I work my way down [​IMG]

T

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

6. MrBon

MrBon Well-Known Member

Tuff vote... no matter what i wear... it ends... finishes... with foot wear. No matter what you wear, the eyes always defaults to the feet/shoes. I guess i'll vote SHOES... i believe the shoes always makes a statement about the character of the person... man or women.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

8. fence28

fence28 Senior member

I would have to go with shoes too. I'd agree that I can get a good idea about someone by their shoes.

9. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Tuff vote... no matter what i wear... it ends... finishes... with foot wear. No matter what you wear, the eyes always defaults to the feet/shoes. I guess i'll vote SHOES... i believe the shoes always makes a statement about the character of the person... man or women.

+1 Shoes make the man.

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I'm a sportcoat man myself.

11. ajv

ajv Senior member

Shoes before suits............humans wear shoes more often than suits.........

12. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

I'm a sportcoat man myself.

For any tailored item take suit-man choice. I thought of adding other choices but the list could get too long.

13. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I love suits, but I can wear nice shoes all the time.

14. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Shuman. Shoes are like wheels on a car. They can transform the rest of what you're wearing dramatically.

15. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

I've never understood all this interest in shoes[​IMG] ... it's the last thing people would notice and the most inconspicuous part of the suit ensemble. To me, the critical part of an outfit is the shirt collar/tie knot area, that area has to be perfect... the jacket and trousers can have fitting flaws without much notice.

16. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

I wuld say tie since I haev more of them then anything else but also a suit man since I soend at least half my time in one on a daily basis.

17. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

If I had to rate relative importance in putting together an ensemble, it would go as follows:

1. Suit or jacket

2. Shoes (It amazes me how many otherwise reasonably put together men ruin everything with crappy or ill maintained shoes)

3. Tie and square (Almost in a dead heat with shoes)

4. Odd trousers (Rather bore me.)

5. Shirt (If I am wearing coat and tie, I hardly ever remove my jacket. The shirt is more like an undergarment to me.

18. glenjay

glenjay Senior member

I believe that shoes can be a work of art. There are over 40 different basic styles of shoes, not to count different last shapes and mixing styles (like a cap toe, or wholecut, Adelaide).

I also can't remember the last time I sat down and relaxed while I put a spit shine on a suit for an hour.

19. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i used to be all into shoes and the intricacies and the art of wearing ornate and highly fashionable decadent shoes but my tastes have long been changed.

i still deem shoes an important and integral part of one's wardrobe ,but for me it is not about buying the latest and greatest Edward greens or lobbs or what have you but more so just a pair that is nice enough to complement your current attire. nicely polished, clean, fitted, and works well with your suit or dress. it can be any item like a gucci bit loafer, a suede blucher or a sleek burgundy captoe.

i do see me being a 'suit' man over a shoe man, but im not into suits per se, as i dont have a necessity to wear a suit almost none in a whole year, but i would say i am a man who loves the look of anything that flatters one silhouette to a slim , tall proportionate look.

so that does entail a suit, if i had to wear one (more so a jacket and odd pants) or jeans and a casual top as these types of items are the ones that influence your tailored or slimmed look. shoes dont make that kind of a difference on you. just keep them well kept and clean i say.

20. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

I don't get the shoe obsession, either. Sure, they're important, but they fit off the rack. There's no challenge there.