• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you a gambler?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toiletduck . . . I forgot to address your question: what do you compare lottery numbers, against?? For Lotto, I use the past five drawings as a 'guide.' Many times, three or four of the winning digits drawn, are included in the past five drawings. I try to play a combination of 'late' and 'active' numbers. I choose eight, hoping by some miracle that the six correct digits, will be included. From those eight numbers, I 'wheel' ten chances. By 'wheel,' I mean a scrambling of the digits; hopefully in this manner the 'right' numbers will be assembled on one line of your lotto ticket.
Most Lotto digits contain even and odd numbers. A neighboring pair (12, 13, 20, 21,) etc. Also, using the last winning digits, many lotto 'plays' will include numbers one up or one down, from the last play. The month of the year is of importance, too. During May for example, a preponderance of numbers dealing with '5,' often plays. I've been able to 'win' three second prizes, in Lotto. Many third prizes. But, NOT the grand prize. Hope springs eternal; I'm still trying.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women tell me that they feel the same way about men.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
While I don't subscribe to numerology, I do like using systems to gamble--even systems that are no better than random--because they heighten the intensity of the experience for me. I have a betting system at the blackjack table, for example, which makes the game (even) more interesting as it means that my bets vary, and the game takes on a certain rhythm. E.g., if I win the first bet, I let it ride. If I win the next, now I've got 4x my initial bet out; I take back the original bet and let the 3x bet ride. If that wins, take another one and let the 5x bet ride; if that wins, start over. After any loss, start over. IIRC, in the end the expectation's no different than simply flat-betting (if you're not counting), but it makes certain hands very tense simply because you've got five times your "normal" bet on the line for that hand, and it doesn't happen that often.

Anyway, I love gambling, though I don't do it that often.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do like using systems to gamble--even systems that are no better than random--because they heighten the intensity of the experience for me.
Absolutely agree. Buying quick pick tickets, straight from the machine is no fun for me. I do it if I'm in a rush; people have bought ONE quickpick ticket, to take three hundred million dollar pots. But anyone can do that. What I love is use the history behind me, to help me 'see' the future. I never would have won all those straight bets on the Daily numbers, had I not devised systems to handicap the machine. No way.
I get irked because of all the quick tickets I'm able to win; two correct lotto digits yields a free play. Would much rather choose my numbers.
2143986075.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
yes,
but i usually just play cards. I am not much of a card player and I hate losing more than a few bucks. So usually we play with a 3-5$ buy in.

When Oklahoma got its lottery i had some fun with the scrachers, but only spent about 3 dollars and made out with 20 bucks I think.

I usually try to quit while I'm ahead, otherwise my ego gets inflated and I tend to crap out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads