1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are We Over Analyzing Clothing and Dress?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NORE, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Ok.

I think NORE's first ensemble would've been fine for cocktail wear, though without the pocket square which sort of detonates the whole thing.

I liked the second one.

Third one was for the birds. Really bad.

Now, will someone please kindly repost a pic of :foo: in his Borat suit.

2. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I actually thought this isn't too bad, although I will show less the pocket square or change it to a white one. If the suit fits well I see no problem of the outfit.

How can 'son' is offensive? I am much more worry when a westerner call me 'mate' when I don't know him well.

3. crinklecut

crinklecut Senior member

It's not. Somebody must have just shit in :foo:'s pot of gold or something.

4. NORE

NORE Senior member

5. celery

celery Senior member

NORE, it would serve you well to learn about color theory. You like color, as do I, but if you're interested in wearing these colors, you should learn how to wield them properly.

Some of your color picks are off, you fall prey to what women regularly do with, "my purse is red, my blouse is red, so naturally, red shoes will match!" like your first outfit, the PS should not have had that candy pink border. The tie should have been a violet or medium purple.

In this more recent fit, the tie is muddy and the first lime green tie would have been the better compliment to the purple in the shirt. This isn't about "the rules" it's purely about how colors work. So definitely look into studying color theory and your looks will have more depth, and you'll even find more options to explore.

6. NORE

NORE Senior member

Noted and thank you.