• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are VINTAGE BURBERRY TRENCHES easily altered?

noobanker

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting one and altering it to make the sleeves longer...

Has anyone else tried this before, or even just altered their standard Burberry trenches? Is this easy to do, or does the material (either 100% cotton or 51% cotton with poly) somehow make this difficult?

Would appreciate any input anyone could offer. Thanks!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think lengthening the sleeves would be successful as, if the coat had had much wear at all, there will probably be wear around the end of the sleeve that would show as a line if you lengthen the sleeve. May I ask why you would want to alter a vintage coat, specifically?

noobanker

Reaction score
I don't think lengthening the sleeves would be successful as, if the coat had had much wear at all, there will probably be wear around the end of the sleeve that would show as a line if you lengthen the sleeve. May I ask why you would want to alter a vintage coat, specifically?
Ah yes, I would like to alter it because I found one that looks to be in like-new condition and has all the bells and whistles and fabric I'd like to have, but just has really short sleeves... a bummer, really!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I would like to alter it because I found one that looks to be in like-new condition and has all the bells and whistles and fabric I'd like to have, but just has really short sleeves... a bummer, really!
I see. Well, depending on how much money you would be investing in this coat, you might just want to try it anyway. And if you are looking at lengthening the sleeves quite a bit, it might, might be possible to move the wrist strap to cover any visible line caused by wear.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juraleafcbd