• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are trendy friends so bad?

wilson brother

Reaction score
Hey guys-

My girl
lookaround.gif
has been complaining about my new friends..I met most of these dudes from my friend DJ Ricks and have a good time hanging with them. She says that they are trendy and will change who I am on the inside..well I am beginning to think she's crazy
teacha.gif

I have been friends with DJ Ricks for over 2 years and I dont think i've change because of him. I dont like most of the music he spins and certainly we are cool with being different
cool.gif
although I have started listening to the Stone Roses and some other bands because of his influence.

but why should I worry if these guys are trendy if i'm still the same Danny Wilson? My girl is starting to get on my back
confused.gif
over stuff that isnt so important. I told her yesterday that she shouldnt sweat the small stuff like dumplings
laugh.gif
..and she responded by throwing her sandal at me
peepwall[1].gif

-Danny Wilson

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
California has spawned so many amazing musical acts, I don't even know where to begin. The Beach Boys are just the tip of the iceberg. But just like in the 1960s... England stole California's thunder. Yardbirds vs Byrds. Beatles vs Beach Boys. The Rolling Stones vs. The Flamin' Groovies. Pink Floyd vs. The Doors. Don't worry about your Britification Danny - tell her it was just evolution!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol... I suppose there's nothing wrong with trendy friends. I would be more concerned if your trendy friends started dragging you to trendy clubs. Personally, I tend to avoid those types of places b/c the chicks are mostly gold diggers. They're a great way to piss away money though.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
California has spawned so many amazing musical acts, I don't even know where to begin. The Beach Boys are just the tip of the iceberg. But just like in the 1960s... England stole California's thunder. Yardbirds vs Byrds. Beatles vs Beach Boys. The Rolling Stones vs. The Flamin' Groovies. Pink Floyd vs. The Doors. Don't worry about your Britification Danny - tell her it was just evolution!

Hey Band-

Maybe I should start talking to her with a British accent
rotflmao.gif
..but really I dont think I want to evolve to become a person who doesnt go out in the sun so often
teacha.gif
.. its strange that England is an island but no one there goes surfing.

GQ- what is a gold digger exactly? I hope your not talking about a bad dentist
lookaround.gif
I prefer they put the gold in my mouth and not take it out
laugh.gif

-Danny Wilson

oldseed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
My girl
lookaround.gif
has been complaining about my new friends..I met most of these dudes from my friend DJ Ricks and have a good time hanging with them. She says that they are trendy and will change who I am on the inside..well I am beginning to think she's crazy
teacha.gif

you seriously think your girl is worried about your friends? you and her've got deeper problems, my friend...

seed

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldseed
you seriously think your girl is worried about your friends? you and her've got deeper problems, my friend...

seed

Hey Seed-

We are also having problems with her father, California, playing bass guitar in bed and some other personal things
lookaround.gif
..so you might be correct.

-Danny Wilson

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Seed-

We are also having problems with her father, California, playing bass guitar in bed and some other personal things
lookaround.gif

-Danny Wilson

I know, not being able to cudde would really bother me too
devil.gif

Sorry, danny-boy, I couldn't resist the cheap-shot.
boxing[1].gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You play bass guitar? That's not very California at all. You better pick up a six string acoustic.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Seed-

lookaround.gif

-Danny Wilson

between that and getting hit in the nutsack by a huge wheel of cheese, I think you got some issues.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's cheese??

Nacho Cheese!!!!!!!!!

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I know, not being able to cudde would really bother me too
devil.gif

Sorry, danny-boy, I couldn't resist the cheap-shot.
boxing[1].gif

Hey GQ-

for a guy so against cuddling..you spend a lot of time looking at beds
laugh.gif

(The jokes are all good man
tounge.gif

-Danny Wilson

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey GQ-

for a guy so against cuddling..you spend a lot of time looking at beds
laugh.gif

(The jokes are all good man
tounge.gif

-Danny Wilson

OH SNAP! Either that is the best burn ever or it is unintentionally the best burn ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads