1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are theses Polo’s made by C&J?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Mar 4, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

They are made in England and cost $595 (Darlton Blutcher Shoe): [​IMG] Jon.

2. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

If it says Bench Made in England then they likely are. That's an awful price for C&J though. Try pediwear.

3. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Yes, C&J. They are made of shell cordovan so the price is not as outrageous as you would think.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Very similar shoes have been going for $249 on Ebay, in shell cordovan. Of course, you can't return them if they don't fit I don't think. There are a couple sellers who seem to have alot of Polo/C&J cordovan shoes lately.

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

As to the Polo logo English Benchmade shoes, I think that the black versions are calfskin, and the brown's are shell cordovan. Mostly, if not all, made by C&J. I have NO idea why Polo insists on charging the same price for them. The Brown's are quasi-reasonable at full retail, although way over my comfort price zone. I don't see the point in getting the black calfskins at $595.

I think this is the C&J Dover, which is 235 british pounds, 200 without VAT on pediwear(I'm guessing 380-450 USD when you figure in the conversion, shipping and fees).

I got mine in the wingtip style for half off at polo.com, and like kabert says, a number of the brown shells have been on Ebay for 225-275.

Shoe runs a little tight, widthwise, compared to most US Made shoes at my size (10.5 D)

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Well, I only pictured the black, but I was thinking about purchasing the brown version anyways. As well, I can wait till seasons end when they go on sale.

Jon.

7. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

A couple of yrs ago, I hit an outlet right after they got a shipment of the C&J, and when they were having a shoe sale, even though these had just come it. Picked up 15-20 of these(monkstraps, bucks, spectators, hunting shoes) between $75-$125 per pair. Was very happy with the purchasr even if some I've never worn more than once. I spen almost as much getting the C&J shoetrees (I cleared out the Jermyn St stores supply) as I did on the shoes. (longing for days of a $1.40 Pound.)