• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these worth it?

Jkhan82

Reaction score
I just saw these on sale. Are these worth it? http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...crX=0&scrY=848 Air Lorenzo Cap Toe Oxford for $170 Master craft: handmade Italian captoe in soft, premium Italian calfskin leather I feel like grabbing both the black and brown if their worth it. I know all the dislike for most Cole Haan's on here, so I'm iffy about purchasing because of fear of poor quality, but seeing as these are Italian made..looks promising. Thanks in advance Amir

officeboy

Reaction score
This kills it for me.
Ultimate cushioning in NIKE AIR Technology with maximum support
That squish and hiss sound from a popped air cell is just want I want in a dress shoe.

At least it doesn't have the visible air thingy... who wants an air max oxford?

Jkhan82

Reaction score
lol yeah its safe looking.

duno. I've tried them on before, Looked nice, felt nice.. I just don't want them to fall apart.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Not worth it for the money. If you could get them on sale for $69.99 then maybe at best. Quality wise, there are better shoes at the price point the sale is offering.

BBC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
The brand whores will claim these shoes will explode once they are exposed to air.

These won't explode. The only shoes that explode are the ones that are gemmed.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
They don't look anything special, but I like the fact that it has classic looks!

If I were you and I'm in need of new good shoes, I may buy them!

alexanduh

Reaction score
a visible air bubble would be pretty interesting lol

csoukoulis

Reaction score
id spend a hundred bucks more and get some Allen Edmonds.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth it if you're on your feet a lot. From my experience, Cole Haan Airs are more comfortable than AE and Alden if you are standing and walking > 1 hour at a time.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. I tried on a Cole Haan air and it was the most comfortable shoe I had ever put on my feet.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of Cole Haan beaters that I wear for those ****** weather days. It took about 10 painful days of break-in. The leather is really cheap but they are comfortable after the break-in period. Cole Haan shoes dont take polish very well and leave ugly marks if you scuff them. With that said, its a decent price. You can do a lot worse at that price point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads