1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are these worth it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jkhan82, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Jkhan82

Jkhan82 Senior member

I just saw these on sale. Are these worth it? http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...crX=0&scrY=848 Air Lorenzo Cap Toe Oxford for $170 Master craft: handmade Italian captoe in soft, premium Italian calfskin leather I feel like grabbing both the black and brown if their worth it. I know all the dislike for most Cole Haan's on here, so I'm iffy about purchasing because of fear of poor quality, but seeing as these are Italian made..looks promising. Thanks in advance Amir

2. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Boring, but some people here like this style.
    The brand whores will claim these shoes will explode once they are exposed to air.

3. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

This kills it for me.
    That squish and hiss sound from a popped air cell is just want I want in a dress shoe.

At least it doesn't have the visible air thingy... who wants an air max oxford?

4. Jkhan82

Jkhan82 Senior member

lol yeah its safe looking.

duno. I've tried them on before, Looked nice, felt nice.. I just don't want them to fall apart.

5. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Not worth it for the money. If you could get them on sale for $69.99 then maybe at best. Quality wise, there are better shoes at the price point the sale is offering.

6. BBC

BBC Senior member

The brand whores will claim these shoes will explode once they are exposed to air.

These won't explode. The only shoes that explode are the ones that are gemmed.

7. rathebaindc

rathebaindc Senior member

Not worth it. I think they're worth it at the ~$99 range.

8. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

They don't look anything special, but I like the fact that it has classic looks!

If I were you and I'm in need of new good shoes, I may buy them!

9. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Good if you have medical problems maybe?

10. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

a visible air bubble would be pretty interesting lol

11. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

id spend a hundred bucks more and get some Allen Edmonds.

12. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Worth it if you're on your feet a lot. From my experience, Cole Haan Airs are more comfortable than AE and Alden if you are standing and walking > 1 hour at a time.

13. vjava

vjava New Member

14. landshark

landshark Senior member

I have to agree. I tried on a Cole Haan air and it was the most comfortable shoe I had ever put on my feet.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I have a pair of Cole Haan beaters that I wear for those shitty weather days. It took about 10 painful days of break-in. The leather is really cheap but they are comfortable after the break-in period. Cole Haan shoes dont take polish very well and leave ugly marks if you scuff them. With that said, its a decent price. You can do a lot worse at that price point.

16. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

This kills it for me. That squish and hiss sound from a popped air cell is just want I want in a dress shoe. At least it doesn't have the visible air thingy... who wants an air max oxford?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

I have to agree. I tried on a Cole Haan air and it was the most comfortable shoe I had ever put on my feet.

MY dad bought a pair of J&M that have insoles that are jammed with padding and gels.
    AMAZING. Like walking on clouds.

18. pgd3

pgd3 Senior member

I checked a pair out because I had returned a number of shirts and had about 200$ credit to redistribute and a dislike of full cut shirts.

To me, the shoe felt flimsy and unsubstantial, I divided the credit up amongst some ties and a pair of shoe trees.

I will qualify that with two things.
    1. I wear mainly Allen Edmonds and Alden.
    2. I cut apart shoes regularly and appreciate shoe construction.

To me, they feel like the same shoes you can buy at Kohls for 39.99, less if you have a Kohls charge and get a 20% off coupon.