• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are These Tramezza Overpriced?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a steal, but still a fair deal. The earlier sale was a bargain

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Faconne doesn't do auctions they always just offer buy it nows and they pretty much are willing to wait until forever for the shoes to sell rather than lower the price. Your size is difficult to find on ebay so if you could get them right away for $339, it's not a horrible deal. That being said, I don't think these will fit you, they will be too narrow.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$339 is more than a fair price for Tramezzas, in my opinion I think $339 is a helluva bargain for Tramezzas. In fact, I would be willing to pay full retail (between $600 and $700) for the right Tramezzas. The Tramezzas that were on for $220 are a steal.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They will almost certainly be too narrow. I generally wear wide widths, and I can't even get my feet in Tramezzas in "my" size.

tsherry

Reaction score
So Grim, I've been jonesing for a pair of Tramezzas laceups in chocolate suede (I think they're Gherhado??). I'm normally a 12 D as I think you are. Do you have that shoe and is 12 D the size I should be looking for?

Thanks!

Tom

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsherry
So Grim, I've been jonesing for a pair of Tramezzas laceups in chocolate suede (I think they're Gherhado??). I'm normally a 12 D as I think you are. Do you have that shoe and is 12 D the size I should be looking for?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom,

I'm normally a 12E or EEE, sometimes an 11.5 EEE. For this reason I was quite surprised (pleasantly so) to discover that the Polo shoes made by C&J fit me in a 12D. I cannot get my foot into a Tramezza in a 12D (I've tried). But my feet really are wide (the woman in the C&J shop in NY measured my foot and said "You're off the chart!"). For me this issue overwhelms any other with respect to Tramezze I've tried on, so I can't offer you any advice. The shape is too elongated for me to dare try on a 13, if I could find one.
frown.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed that the Tramezzas are narrower. You'd probably have to upsize the width by 1 or 2 to get a good fit.

I notice this seller is the one selling an used pair of bespoke Cleverley for $899. Good luck buddy!

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've purchased two paris of Tramezzas from Faconne. Joe is an excellent seller. I paid $339 for the first pair. The second was listed with a best offer option, so I paid just $300. The shoes are just great. $339 is a good price.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$339 is now a very good price for Tramezzas, as the outlet store price has risen to $450 (I visited about 3 weeks ago). I'm a little curious about these shoes, though, since I have never heard of this model, nor have I ever seen Tramezzas without a little gold "plaque" on the sole at the waist, where this one has "Tramezza" stamped into the leather. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a fake, but I am asking for confirmation that someone else has seen an authentic Tramezza with this feature.

I find that Tramezzas run *a little* narrow, but not a full letter width different from my other shoes. I usually wear a 12D and I buy Tramezzas in 12D. They may be a little tight at first, but they quickly stretch out and become comfortable. I even own some 11.5D Tramezzas that I've stretched myself using a shoe stretcher. They are now very comfortable. If in doubt about sizing, *try on a pair* before buying.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are overpriced for I am the voice of dissention.
bounce2.gif
(teasing)

Renzo Tattini likes them alot. A whole lot.
Nostro was an awsome shoe.

tsherry

Reaction score
Thanks, grimslade and thinman. I'll be on the lookout for some suede tramezzas in 12 D.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
$339 is now a very good price for Tramezzas, as the outlet store price has risen to $450 (I visited about 3 weeks ago). I'm a little curious about these shoes, though, since I have never heard of this model, nor have I ever seen Tramezzas without a little gold "plaque" on the sole at the waist, where this one has "Tramezza" stamped into the leather. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a fake, but I am asking for confirmation that someone else has seen an authentic Tramezza with this feature.

I thought the branding/stamping into the sole meant that it's Tremazzas that are at least a few years old and the metal plaque is fairly new. I've seen other Tremazzas with such stamping in the sole, so it's definitely not a fake, but it certainly means it's not a newer model.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
I thought the branding/stamping into the sole meant that it's Tremazzas that are at least a few years old and the metal plaque is fairly new. I've seen other Tremazzas with such stamping in the sole, so it's definitely not a fake, but it certainly means it's not a newer model.

Thanks, this is good to know. My oldest Tramezzas are slightly less than 2 years old and I'm unfamiliar with any older models.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka