• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are these too squared?

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I think this is a matter of personal preference, though if you are unsure about them now, there is a chance you will always be unsure wit them, and end up unhappy about your purchase.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you must or if you have bought them and are thinking of sending them back.

Last edited:

CoolNickname

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I think this is a matter of personal preference, though if you are unsure about them now, there is a chance you will always be unsure wit them, and end up unhappy about your purchase.
Actually, I like them a lot. I just wasn't sure if they were perceived by others as cheap looking squared shoes. I use to own square shoes and learned how bad they looked from this site. I don't want to head that direction again, even remotely, especially for $300.00. Thank you for your opinion!

If you must or if you have bought them and are thinking of sending them back.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. Will you please clarify?

Last edited:

facet

Reaction score

Actually, I like them a lot.  I just wasn't sure if they were perceived by others as cheap looking squared shoes.  I use to own square shoes and learned how bad they looked from this site.  I don't want to head that direction again, even remotely, especially for $300.00.  Thank you for your opinion!

I doubt that perception would be existing. Allen Edmonds has a pretty good reputation and is generally regarded on here as a good entry level shoe; you can just browse through the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread to get an idea of the following they have. Myself, I currently have four in my rotation, love them, and regularly get compliments on them. If you buy them, you can rest assured knowing that you'll be getting a good quality shoe that, while these may be be a little more chiseled in shape compared to their other lasts, wouldn't even be considered in the realm of squared toed shoes like Clarks, etc that are generally not well received on SF.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to tell me.  Will you please clarify?

Don't worry about it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 103 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%