Are these square toe shoe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drakevu, Jan 12, 2013.

1. drakevu

drakevu Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

2. eMacPaul

eMacPaul Senior member

The shoes you've shown don't look too square, and I think would be fine with jeans/blazer, depending on the jeans/blazer.

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

These are not what I would call square toe shoes. However I would suggest reading this site some more before buying these shoes.

4. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

The shoes pictured are okay, but there are better black captoe bals (that style) out there, and they wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice with jeans and a jacket. I prefer, when wearing jeans, to wear more-casual shoes, rather than wearing a particularly dressy shoe. That said, I have done it, and I'll probably do it again.

I would not pay $2 for those Diesel shoes, but that's because I believe shoes should be taken care of, and so buying shoes that look like they've been abused is abhorrent to me.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

deveandepot1 speaks the truth. lurk more. and you'll agree there are far nicer shoes than these to buy.

6. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Whatever you do don't spend 250 on these. Ross has Diesel shoes for like $20. They are junk shoes.

7. chogall

chogall Senior member

It's not really square toe, more like a rounded square like EG 606.

It really depends on how you put the pieces together and how you carry yourself, but generally speaking, it's better to pair jeans with casual styling shoes.

It is dressy, but its far from too shiny.

Diesel shoes are on the fashion side, quality is similar to mass market shoes that should last you a good 5+ years without major problems and could take a lot more abuse than the shoes beloved on this forum. But at that price point, it is far from a bargain. Best bargain I've seen is brand new Cole Hann GY welted in India shoes for less than $75; great beaters.

8. drakevu

drakevu Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all your opinions and advices. So it's not square toe, that's what I want to make sure, and I'll give up on Diesel pair.

Slim fit jeans and trim blazer of course. I'm 178 cm and 65kg, look quite thin, so it's not a big deal.

Well you know, I've been doing research for like 2 months, and finally I decided to buy this from Florsheim by Duckie Brown 2012 FW collection. I got new year discount 20%, which is a pretty good deal I think. Honestly It's quite more dressy than I would expect.

9. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

May I ask where you spotted the Haans? My broke self is interested...

10. chogall

chogall Senior member

Try Nordstrom Rack and the usual discount shop suspects.

11. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Great, thanks. I'll have to teach myself to spot Goodyear welts, but I think I know where to look. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013