• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these square toe shoe?

drakevu

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last edited:

eMacPaul

Reaction score
The shoes you've shown don't look too square, and I think would be fine with jeans/blazer, depending on the jeans/blazer.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are not what I would call square toe shoes. However I would suggest reading this site some more before buying these shoes.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes pictured are okay, but there are better black captoe bals (that style) out there, and they wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice with jeans and a jacket. I prefer, when wearing jeans, to wear more-casual shoes, rather than wearing a particularly dressy shoe. That said, I have done it, and I'll probably do it again.

I would not pay $2 for those Diesel shoes, but that's because I believe shoes should be taken care of, and so buying shoes that look like they've been abused is abhorrent to me.

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deveandepot1 speaks the truth. lurk more. and you'll agree there are far nicer shoes than these to buy.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't spend 250 on these. Ross has Diesel shoes for like $20. They are junk shoes.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are not what I would call square toe shoes. However I would suggest reading this site some more before buying these shoes.

It's not really square toe, more like a rounded square like EG 606.

Hello everyone! I'm new to SF, and I'm not sure if this pair is considered to be square toe shoe.

Do you guys think it's too dressy/shiny? Can I wear this with jeans and blazer?

Anyone knows anything about Diesel shoes? I'm looking to purchase this, but not sure about the quality though.

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/diesel/black_distressed_leather_wolf_derby_shoes/63263

It really depends on how you put the pieces together and how you carry yourself, but generally speaking, it's better to pair jeans with casual styling shoes.

It is dressy, but its far from too shiny.

Diesel shoes are on the fashion side, quality is similar to mass market shoes that should last you a good 5+ years without major problems and could take a lot more abuse than the shoes beloved on this forum. But at that price point, it is far from a bargain. Best bargain I've seen is brand new Cole Hann GY welted in India shoes for less than $75; great beaters.

drakevu

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I appreciate all your opinions and advices. So it's not square toe, that's what I want to make sure, and I'll give up on Diesel pair.

The shoes you've shown don't look too square, and I think would be fine with jeans/blazer, depending on the jeans/blazer.

Slim fit jeans and trim blazer of course. I'm 178 cm and 65kg, look quite thin, so it's not a big deal.

deveandepot1 speaks the truth. lurk more. and you'll agree there are far nicer shoes than these to buy.

Well you know, I've been doing research for like 2 months, and finally I decided to buy this from Florsheim by Duckie Brown 2012 FW collection. I got new year discount 20%, which is a pretty good deal I think. Honestly It's quite more dressy than I would expect.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diesel shoes are on the fashion side, quality is similar to mass market shoes that should last you a good 5+ years without major problems and could take a lot more abuse than the shoes beloved on this forum. But at that price point, it is far from a bargain. Best bargain I've seen is brand new Cole Hann GY welted in India shoes for less than $75; great beaters.
May I ask where you spotted the Haans? My broke self is interested...

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Nordstrom Rack and the usual discount shop suspects.

Great, thanks. I'll have to teach myself to spot Goodyear welts, but I think I know where to look.
smile.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads