1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Are these sneakers lame?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by montecristo#4, Jun 23, 2005.

1. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Your opinions please. http://www.colehaan.com/colehaa....p=96111 Normally I don't wear sneakers but I need something comfortable enough to walk long distances in. These might not be too bad if they didn't have the little see-through air window.

2. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

If you don't have them yet, buy some Thorlo Coolmax socks. They may help you a lot in your walks. As for the shoe, I don't like the airmax windows very much either, the rest looks ok.

3. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sorry to say but they look kind of old foggie, Florida old foggie. Surely you can find something more handsome.

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

Yeah, don't get Cole Haans.

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Perhaps the Kenneth Cole Reaction sneaks would suit your taste. They're fairly subdued, still a little "business dressy". "Medium" is another more subdued, simplistic without being boring brand. Neither are my style though.

6. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Try Medium sneakers - very comfortable and not nearly as lame. Tsubo might also be down your alley for something a little more fashiony. If you are walking really long distances on rough terrain, I suggest that go get a proper pair of approach shoes at an outdoor store. Vibram soles are amazing.

8. hermes

hermes Senior member

has anyone tried U Roads (www.uroads.com) the two white models from spring summer (called 'off road' and 'road sport') are quite interesting, though at the same time they offer lots of really ugly product as well real hit and miss but credit is given to them to making shoes out of recycled products