• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these shorts too flamboyant to wear out? I'm 23

peteyyytran

Reaction score
Looking to grab a pair and a few friends from college keep telling me to pick them up *they are in frats what a surprise
bigstar[1].gif
* Seen a few reviews on them being pretty comfortable even though they don't look that comfortable at all. Anyone here at all ever wear these or hear of em? http://genuinegents.com/the-chubbies-shorts/

Was thinking these to go along with a second watch *got the Seiko 5 from the list*
http://genuinegents.com/affordable-field-watches/

and a new pair of sperrys *currently have the Sahara colored ones* for 57.22
http://genuinegents.com/august-6-2012-sperry-top-sider-mens-buc-brown-57-22/

Seems there are mixed feelings about these shorts after a few post i've been reading though ;x

Cheers!

For your time, a pic of me and my girlfriend!

Last edited:

charliebrown2

Reaction score
of course it comes down to personal preference, but those are nastyyy.......to me

what does your girlfriend think?

Last edited:

HughJ

Reaction score
This question would probably be best posed in the streetwear forum, but I don't see anything "flamboyant" about stripes, ginghams, or especially solids.

Smoochy

Reaction score
A friend of mine loves these shorts. They aren't my style, but it all comes down to personal preference. If you like the way they look and fit, go for it.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
I wear them and like them very much. Flamboyance depends on which pair you buy.

You have to have nice legs to wear them, I might add.

Big T

Reaction score
Dunno. Wonder how they would look on a 59 year old suffering from slight corpulence?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are normal shorts known for being *uncomfortable* in some way?

peteyyytran

Reaction score
Hmm well actually my friends say they are great! Haha he told me he would lend me a pair and the thing is I work out alot and I have legs I don't mind showing off :) *excuse the boasting* It's just some people would see the super short shorts as a bad thing I guess.. I guess I could post this as "street wear" to see what they would think. I'm thinking of getting a pair. Definitely not the 'mericas though
crackup[1].gif
a little to out there for me

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are normal shorts known for being *uncomfortable* in some way?

+1

if you must wear shorts, do not wear those. I have not been in the market for shorts since I joined SF but consider browsing the WAYWT (what are you wearing today, mens casual) thread for ideas.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm well actually my friends say they are great! Haha he told me he would lend me a pair and the thing is I work out alot and I have legs I don't mind showing off :) *excuse the boasting* It's just some people would see the super short shorts as a bad thing I guess.. I guess I could post this as "street wear" to see what they would think. I'm thinking of getting a pair. Definitely not the 'mericas though 
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
a little to out there for me

I have a big package and I dont walk around showing it off. :plain:

If you are that big people will already know. Stay classy, place yourself above the embroidered frog shorts, khaki shorts, RL OCBD, and sperry's guy. (that was once me :( )

Makoto Chan

Reaction score

If you are that big people will already know. Stay classy, place yourself above the embroidered frog shorts, khaki shorts, RL OCBD, and sperry's guy. (that was once me :( )

These shorts are 100% casual wear. You're in your early 20's. Ignore this advice.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These shorts are 100% casual wear. You're in your early 20's. Ignore this advice.

so because he is in his 20's it's okay for him to be a tool?

peteyyytran

Reaction score
No need for name calling :) I was merely asking what you guys thought of it!
ffffuuuu.gif

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you're a short guy or have short legs.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads