• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these Ray Ban glasses real ?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's like faking my Dr Scholls gel inserts.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, some friend that you have to question authenticity on them. Hahah

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Lol, some friend that you have to question authenticity on them. Hahah
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do they say "made in italy" anywhere on them?

if not, they are fake

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Ray Ban's are cheap to begin with, and those are ugly as sin.

That's a little out of line. They are by no means the most expensive sunglasses, but they definitely aren't cheap. Just because you may be able to afford better, doesn't immediately dismiss everything that is lesser as trash. That being said, they are pretty hard on the eyes, but I am defending the RB name in general.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
That's a little out of line. They are by no means the most expensive sunglasses, but they definitely aren't cheap. Just because you may be able to afford better, doesn't immediately dismiss everything that is lesser as trash. That being said, they are pretty hard on the eyes, but I am defending the RB name in general.

thread was funny, but yeah, totally agree.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
real.....fugly!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick

Point taken, they are classic though ubiquitous, and it was out of line. Most sunglasses are made by Luxottica anyway, regardless of price.

NL_18

Reaction score
I started this thread with the question wether the glasses are genuine , my question still isn't answered

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NL_18
I started this thread with the question wether the glasses are genuine , my question still isn't answered

What leads you to suspect they are fake.

Regarding ray ban in general, they do make decent "classics" like wayfarers, aviator, etc. Stick with those and you will be fine

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ray Bans are ok quality but I'm against the basic fact that they have to plaster their logo on the lens.

Barton Perreira is not made by Luxottica and on Gilt they are just a bit more than Ray Bans and about 100x better quality and build. Supers at Barneys are on sale every once in a while and on Gilt as well and I feel that they are comparable to Ray Bans

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads