• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these pants too slim?

njeremy

Reaction score
Are these pants too tight/slim? A few pics.

A little bit of pocket flare, but just a little. The left pocket (right on the picture) is worse. It looks like it needs to be pressed. Still an indicator they might be too tight.
P1050379.jpg

I think it's a nice profile. I'm not sure whether that's the back pocket bunching up or the shirt.
P1050380.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting. I'm not at home.
P1050381.jpg

incastoutcast

Reaction score
Look totally fine to me.

arc

Reaction score
Not too slim.

I would advise having them shortened though.
laugh.gif

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
I'd try pressing them and then trying them on again. It does look like they may be a bit too snug in the hip though. You REALLY need to get the length of those pants shortened.

arc

Reaction score
I'm sure he knows they're too long, and is just trying to decide whether or not to return them before having them tailored. Notice they also still have tags.

njeremy

Reaction score
A bit high waisted, but hopefully I can pull it off despite being young. I think they'll look better with a belt.

After years of dressing like a cretin, I am finally searching out clothes that actually fit me so the input is certainly appreciated.

njeremy

Reaction score
I am indeed aware that they are unhemmed. arc got it right, just trying to decide whether to keep them.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The look a touch snug around the crouch but as long as they feel comfortable to you when standing and sitting i'd say there a fine fit.

VictorJB

Reaction score
Your good to go sir !! They are very flattering to your fit and skinny legs !! Kudos and enjoy!!

nexus

Reaction score
They are probably a touch snug in the seat which can cause that pocket opening. Its not terribly noticeable, though in an ideal world your pockets would sit flat.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pants look fine in the front and side, but the backside picture looks too tight. Maybe it is because you are twisting to take the picture but it looks like it is riding up like a thong.

I think the pants is too slim if it is like that even when you stand normally.

njeremy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
The Pants look fine in the front and side, but the backside picture looks too tight. Maybe it is because you are twisting to take the picture but it looks like it is riding up like a thong.

I think the pants is too slim if it is like that even when you stand normally.

Thanks for the input. I'll make sure to check for that.

njeremy

Reaction score
I wonder if getting the waist let out 1/2"-3/4" might let me wear them an inch lower and thus correct a lot of the issues raised in this thread. Thoughts?

nhung2609

Reaction score
Looks good to me, would work with the length for sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads