1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are these pants appropriate for the office?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by docka, Jun 3, 2013.

1. docka

docka Senior member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. jeff in vancouver

jeff in vancouver Well-Known Member

Tell us about your office. At my work, with the right SC these would be fine for day with no big meetings.

3. docka

docka Senior member

business casual. corporate bank

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

They're part of a suit, and I don't think they'd look good at all if you just threw a solid shirt on and went to work that way.

Typically, trying to pull off half of a suit will not look good.

5. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

I think, if suits aren't de riguer at your workplace, they're fine.

6. eluther

eluther Senior member

With patterned pants like this, I think you're mistaken. They could very easily work as a pair of odd trousers with a more sedate jacket (Pitti-esque, but acceptable) or without a jacket in most of the civilized Western world. You're not going to reach Sartorial Transcendence with them, but it's not because Banana Republic dictated that they're half a suit.

To the OP – those are fine for most any office environment in America. I would recommend investing in a pair of plain grey slacks instead, but if you like them and they're going to make you happy, there's no faux pas you're committing there.