• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are these Lobb's on bluefly????

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very much doubt it.

jtw3036

Reaction score
The style is Jarvis not Jarius.

That one style on Bluefly is not made in Italy, they are made in North Hampton.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they were made in North Hampton, I would say they're definitely Lobbs. I notice that they are now shown as no longer available. Either Bluefly pulled them or they were gobbled up very quickly (lending further credence to the "they are Lobbs" argument).

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they're made in Northampton, I doubt they're made on any of JL lasts. This pair is too clunky, it doesn't resemble any of JL elegant lasts.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The last looks a lot like some Lobbs I've seen on ebay actually.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
If they're made in Northampton, I doubt they're made on any of JL lasts. This pair is too clunky, it doesn't resemble any of JL elegant lasts.
Agreed. And price, even on sale and with further 15% off, is too high. You can find brand-new, genuine JLobb Paris prestige line shoes on eBay for less (around $500 US) from sellers like Sausages234 or Modern-Vintage. Just out of curiousity, JTW3036, how did you determine that they were made in Northampton? I couldn't find anything in the ad that suggested that.

Edit: Seems moot now--no longer available. Did you buy them, Ed?

jtw3036

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, JTW3036, how did you determine that they were made in Northampton? I couldn't find anything in the ad that suggested that.
I have recently seen those shoes at Hermès. They carry a few models that say "Made in England".

IIRC Retail is actually 1025-1050?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.