1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are these "Laszlo Budapest" Shoes Made by Vass?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, May 19, 2005.

1. kabert

kabert Senior member

They are priced much lower than Vass. Â But Laszlo is Mr. Vass's first name and these say they are handmade in Budapest (and have channelled soles). A. Harris, do you know anything (or anyone else)? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....12&rd=1

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

They aren't Vass, but they look to be nicley made shoes, not bad for the price.

3. Niall

Niall Member

I actually bought two pair of Laszlo shoes from this seller. Not bad at all indeed and the customer service is Ok. (their English is not so good however [​IMG] ) The nicest shoe is probably this split toe blucher made from pebble grained calfskin: [​IMG] [​IMG] Unfortunately I find their other models less elegant... Does anyone happen to know an on-line shop for these shoes? Niall

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Interesting ebay listing, and in my size (are you also 11.5 US, kabert?). The shoes look well-made, though I don't read German and I'm not fond of the color. I do like your pebble-grained bluchers, niall.

5. kabert

kabert Senior member

If these aren't related to Vass, then I'd think Mr. Vass might want to pay a visit to his intellectual property attorney (assuming such protections exist in Hungary) -- major likelihood of confusion. Check out the nail pattern in the sole of this one. (it's a pretty good looking shoe I think): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....69&rd=1 Thinman, I'm a size 47 (US 12-1/2 or so). None of the Laszlo shoes are my size - at least those currently listed by this EBay seller.

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

I appreciate your constant updates on shoes available on ebay and don't want to bid on something you might want (though you could always tell us about them after your purchase). I don't always find ebay deals on obscure brands myself.

7. Buster

Buster Senior member

Laszlo is one (if not the most) common first names in Hungary.

B

8. Michael66

Michael66 Active Member

If these aren't related to Vass, then I'd think Mr. Vass might want to pay a visit to his intellectual property attorney (assuming such protections exist in Hungary) -- major likelihood of confusion.
    Laszlo is one (if not the most) common first names in Hungary. B
    Yes....is something like "John - New York" [​IMG]