Are these "Laszlo Budapest" Shoes Made by Vass?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, May 19, 2005.

1. kabert

kabert Senior member

They are priced much lower than Vass. Â But Laszlo is Mr. Vass's first name and these say they are handmade in Budapest (and have channelled soles). A. Harris, do you know anything (or anyone else)? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....12&rd=1

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

They aren't Vass, but they look to be nicley made shoes, not bad for the price.

3. Niall

Niall Member

I actually bought two pair of Laszlo shoes from this seller. Not bad at all indeed and the customer service is Ok. (their English is not so good however [​IMG] ) The nicest shoe is probably this split toe blucher made from pebble grained calfskin: [​IMG] [​IMG] Unfortunately I find their other models less elegant... Does anyone happen to know an on-line shop for these shoes? Niall

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Interesting ebay listing, and in my size (are you also 11.5 US, kabert?). The shoes look well-made, though I don't read German and I'm not fond of the color. I do like your pebble-grained bluchers, niall.

5. kabert

kabert Senior member

If these aren't related to Vass, then I'd think Mr. Vass might want to pay a visit to his intellectual property attorney (assuming such protections exist in Hungary) -- major likelihood of confusion. Check out the nail pattern in the sole of this one. (it's a pretty good looking shoe I think): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....69&rd=1 Thinman, I'm a size 47 (US 12-1/2 or so). None of the Laszlo shoes are my size - at least those currently listed by this EBay seller.

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

I appreciate your constant updates on shoes available on ebay and don't want to bid on something you might want (though you could always tell us about them after your purchase). I don't always find ebay deals on obscure brands myself.

7. Buster

Buster Senior member

Laszlo is one (if not the most) common first names in Hungary.

B

8. Michael66

Michael66 Active Member

If these aren't related to Vass, then I'd think Mr. Vass might want to pay a visit to his intellectual property attorney (assuming such protections exist in Hungary) -- major likelihood of confusion.
    Laszlo is one (if not the most) common first names in Hungary. B
    Yes....is something like "John - New York" [​IMG]