1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are these lapels too wide? :S

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kyokushin1, Jun 14, 2012.

1. saiyar1

saiyar1 Senior member

I think he's reading the cloth count.... as in super 100's.

Just wear a skinny tie with the suit and take a pic. We'll tell you if it's reasonable.

2. kyokushin1

kyokushin1 Member

nah, the wool is in fact super 100s merino, its just that the place where I bought the suit has a different sizing scheme that doesnt conform with the international standard it seems.

oxfordshop.com.au

Will take a pic later today when I pick up my pants (getting length altered)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  3. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Apart from the dimpling in the shoulders/upper arms, that suit is nice. (I'm surprised someone so new is posting such a well-fit suit!)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. joe4u

joe4u Well-Known Member

The Joel McHale look is getting old.

5. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Saw a guy in his 40's trying to rock that look at an expensive wedding last Sunday. If that's not a sure fire sign that the fad has been beating into the ground ...

6. runners n jeans

runners n jeans Member

You know that the suit picture is from their online store, right?

7. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

Not too wide. It's classic and in fact I have a couple of Burberry sportscoats of the same cut. I wouldn't wear a very narrow tie with it. The prices of that shop seem low enough but I believe these are suit separates. The sizes they use are cm. so you'd be a 40 in UK or US which is about normal for your height and weight.

8. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

Yeah, like saying rock that or pull the trigger. And of course we all know that the 20yo busboy at the expensive wedding always knows more than a mature man of the world [​IMG]

9. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

;)

10. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

FTFY.

As said, there is no reason to wear skinny ties when there is no problem in obtaining ties with a regular width.

11. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

2 3/4 " is considered slim and you can wear it with that jacket but don't go any slimmer.

12. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Is a low gorge now back in style?
    Is it finally time to dig out the "timeless" 1980s suits?

13. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

100 centimetres probably. It's only the USA that still uses inches isn't it? Most people where I am don't have a clue what an inch is, let alone how long an inch actually is...or any western imperial measures for that matter. We don't teach it in schools, metric only.

If I tell someone I weigh 13 stone 4 pounds and I'm 6 feet 2 inches, that doesn't mean anything to them.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  14. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior member

You don't want your lapels look very wide like the late John Inman as Mr. Humphires on BBC's Are You Being Served?.

[​IMG]