1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are these goodyear welted?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kotel, Aug 26, 2016.

1. kotel

kotel New Member

Hello everyone,

I've been on the forum for some time, learned a lot! Unfortunately, I've stumbled on a problem so would need your knowledge to resolve it.

I've bought these Van Bommel shoes years ago... Back then, I wasn't interested in classic elegance etc. These were my first good shoes, although I've had no clue what I'm actually buying! Eventually, I feel that my decision was right and comfortability of this pair is still unbeatable. After leather sole wore off I put rubber half soles. Everything was fine till now. I see that the sole is coming off. I'm wondering if I should replace the whole sole? Coming back to leather one would be great, but as far as I know only goodyear welted shoes are worth such procedure. Am I right? Are these goodyear welted?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I looked inside gap between soles broken threads can be seen. So that's what is causing the problem Thank you for any help.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

2. GBR

GBR Distinguished Member

Take them to the cobbler you are over thinking this.