• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these gap jeans raw or at least rinse?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are selvage and they are not raw

one wash
maybe more then once i don tknow

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
says they are:
"High-quality, pre-washed and pre-shrunk rigid cotton denim."

yeah these are definitely not raw

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Anyone notice the coin pocket? Kinda looks like the KMW's.

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
I have them in 33x30 and I like them a lot. Bought them after reading a few things on this forum. I paid about $45 for mine in January.

After reading more on this forum I'm interested in getting some higher-end stuff, but I like these a lot and look forward to them breaking in, so I'll probably save my money until they start falling apart.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
Anyone notice the coin pocket? Kinda looks like the KMW's.

Definately looks like a KMW rip-off.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think GAP was using selvage coin pockets on the Gough, well before KMW started to. AFAIK, the selvage coin pockest on the KMW are new to the Japanese run.

CoryB

Reaction score
They are one-wash, I believe. They are fairly heavy and rigid when campared to other Gap jeans and actually feel like they would be good quality for the price.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Actually, I think GAP was using selvage coin pockets on the Gough, well before KMW started to. AFAIK, the selvage coin pockest on the KMW are new to the Japanese run.
Actually the Chinese made KMW I briefly had also used the selvage coin pockets.

tigerx

Reaction score
yeah i have these too, great jeans, but i think they are a little too baggy.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've seen these in the stores, (when i was looking for gough), wasn't too impressed. kind of average, actually.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
They weren't any better than my Morrisons which I paid 20 bucks for. They should go on sale for about that price someday, like the Goughs.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look like one-wash/rinsed. Will get similar results as raw, without the shrinkage and seam twisting as unwashed/raw denim.

Weren't the Morrison's overdyed?

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't believe those are selvage. I know that it looks like it might be, but one reason I don't believe it is selvage is that GAP wasn't marketting it as being so. I think it might just be "trim" that looks like selvage (if these are the ones with selvage similar to that of the Morrisons but in a light blue/teal colour). The price was also considerably lower than the Morrisons, which initially retailed at ~ $140 CDN.

Also, the denim had a real crappy feel to it... probably the worst GAP denim I've ever felt.

EDIT: It says on that page "Contrast trim at cuffs and coin pocket."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads