• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are these Ferragamo Double Monk Straps from Tramezzas line?

creampiggy

Reaction score
Is there any chance that someone here can recognize if the double monk straps in the small photo below are from Tramezzas line? The only thing that I can tell is that the label on the insole may indicate an positive answer. However, I am not confident. If anyone here own a pair or saw them before, then he may be able to tell from the style. I imagine Ferragamo doesn't make a lot of models for double monk straps, does it?

Liyana

Reaction score
Originally Posted by creampiggy
Is there any chance that someone here can recognize if the double monk straps in the small photo below are from Tramezzas line? The only thing that I can tell is that the label on the insole may indicate an positive answer. However, I am not confident. If anyone here own a pair or saw them before, then he may be able to tell from the style. I imagine Ferragamo doesn't make a lot of models for double monk straps, does it?

I thought Ferragamo were shoemakers? Isn't that especialty or am I missing something? I know their quality isn't the same as before but their Tramezza line is still nice and still a valid shoemaker. Right?

Just curious.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think there was a 'grey' area of Tramezza quality (sometimes above) shoes before they settled on the Tramezza name. The sole markings on Tramezzas ('true ones') are quite variable - some have the metal plaque, some don't.

PS put some trees into those!

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
They don't look welted from that angle, so I'm going to say "no."

For a while Ferragamo sewed the label into standard, Blake-stitched shoes. My first captoe oxfords were Ferragamos with the sewn-in label, and they are not in any way comparable to the Tramezzas.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 263 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 16.0%
  • 31 - 40