Are these Edward Green?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, Apr 26, 2005.

1. kabert

kabert Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5384613697 I emailed the seller and this was her response to my request for more info: "I am out of the country so I am not looking at the shoes but I do know that they say "Made in England" under the makers name. I do not remember the makers name off hand but I do know that they are hand made."

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Oooh boy. Odd that the seller can't supply a maker's name. Points in favor are the classic styling and channelled soles, which denote some level of quality. And the price -- unlikely to go far up due to the crappy description. Points against: shoes look to have significant wear. Also, if the seller wrote down what was written inside the shoe (#17 of 8036, and the size) chances are he would have written down any other numbers -- like an EG last number. Is 8036 a recognizable Grenson or Crockett last number?

It's a $20 gamble. Up to you.

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

A neighbor of mine won these, so I'll report back on whether they are Greens or not (though I'm sure the answer I give will not mean as much as it might have two days ago.).

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Definitely looks EG to me, but who knows